Dig it! Ridiculous deal on a Line 6 HD500 right now!

jaxn slim

Your Worst Nightmare
Hello music is blowing out Line 6 HD500s for $375. Additionally, they are giving a $30 discount for first-time buyers.

http://www.hellomusic.com/ec/DealMain.aspx?did=13868
http://www.hellomusic.com/ec/Home.aspx

They are usually $500.

The catch is you have to sign up to view their site. It just involves giving your email address and creating a password. But it's a hell of a deal.

I just got one to use as a backup. I can't resist a deal like that!

If you want one, hurry up. Looks like they are running out.
 
They are definitely worth it. I've been gigging with mine for just over 6 months, now, and I still love it. Sometimes I miss using a more traditional rig. I might even copy my set list onto another bank and take out all the amp sims so I can use it with my amp, too. Every gig, I tweak it just a little more here and there.

It's sounding really, really good now. I should do another youtube demo because it's miles better than when I did the previous one.
 
+1. My friend has one and I really like it. Too bad he can't dial it in for shit. :facepalm:

It takes a pretty significant time investment to (1) get sufficiently familiar with the controls and features and (2) find the settings to get what you want. The toughest thing about it is that the amp sims don't always sound close enough to the actual amp they simulate. Instead, I had to do a lot of mixing and matching to get the best sounds. For example, the JCM800 sim is total shit. Fucking worthless. I stubbornly had it on my setlist for months because I knew the original tunes I was covering had a JCM 800 on them. But I finally started messing around with the Bogner Ubershall model paired with the JTM45 model on the other side, and it nails the sound really well without being fizzy. Ballsy, punchy, crunchy, lots of bold mids. :love:
 
makes me think for a second....



... but nope. That money is 1/3rd of my next tube amp, so pass.
 
It takes a pretty significant time investment to (1) get sufficiently familiar with the controls and features and (2) find the settings to get what you want. The toughest thing about it is that the amp sims don't always sound close enough to the actual amp they simulate. Instead, I had to do a lot of mixing and matching to get the best sounds. For example, the JCM800 sim is total shit. Fucking worthless. I stubbornly had it on my setlist for months because I knew the original tunes I was covering had a JCM 800 on them. But I finally started messing around with the Bogner Ubershall model paired with the JTM45 model on the other side, and it nails the sound really well without being fizzy. Ballsy, punchy, crunchy, lots of bold mids. :love:

Well, he has horrible tone no matter what. I get you on the amp sim thing though. Instead of complainging about the lack of clarity on a certain high-gain model, blend one of the cleaner models in underneath, or a lightly crunchy one, for mass, not just a wall of hiss.
 
In....how could I not? For 350 shipped, I can flip it and make a buck or two if i don't dig
 
In....how could I not? For 350 shipped, I can flip it and make a back or two if i don't dig

Hell yeah.

And if you want to talk about patches, I'm all over it. We can even email them to each other. It's pretty neat. The Line 6 forums have a board dedicated to swapping patches. Most of them need some tweaking, but it's often a great start. The default ones that come with it OTOH are fucking worthless.
 
Hell yeah.

And if you want to talk about patches, I'm all over it. We can even email them to each other. It's pretty neat. The Line 6 forums have a board dedicated to swapping patches. Most of them need some tweaking, but it's often a great start. The default ones that come with it OTOH are fucking worthless.

Sounds pretty damn cool. I've toyed around with picking one up for a while and this deal definitely was a good one. Thanks for the heads up.
 
I still am not sure of the difference between these and the Line 6 M series (9 and 13) other than it obviously has a footpedal. I like the M9 a lot for having a bunch of time type effects. But that price is getting pretty close to what you can get one of those for, even used.
 
I still am not sure of the difference between these and the Line 6 M series (9 and 13) other than it obviously has a footpedal. I like the M9 a lot for having a bunch of time type effects. But that price is getting pretty close to what you can get one of those for, even used.

I think the biggest difference is that the HD series have amp simulation, so you can go direct to the PA.
 
I bought one the first week they were available and i fucking LOVE it. I go to the FOH ,and have some in my monitor so stage volume is low, i dont have to lug big heavy amps,and the tone i am getting is tailor made for ME! I use mine every weekend for gigging,and i cant imagine going back to an amp and pedal board set up.

here are a couple of vids from recent shows,and it's nice that the same tone i get in my monitor is the same tone that is coming out of the mains


 
Last edited by a moderator:
I sold mine for $300. It worked great, sounded much better than any other multi-FX, but it was like flying a family in a jumbo jet when all I needed was a Gulfstream.

I'll stick to pedals and a tube amp and/or the SCX2 with all the amp models I like, and they feel and sound much better. If multi-FX is your thing you can't beat the HD500 unless you have the big bucks for a Fractal Axe-Fx.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top