Jbird
Kick Henry Jackassowski
I went to Elderly's today to check out their Rainsong Shorty they had in, as well as the new Rainsong Parlor model guitar they had.
I ended up bringing home a Composite Acoustics Cargo HG
My Emerald is sold, as well as the very first guitar I ever bought, that black Gibson B-25 I bought back in 1981.
This is now my only acoustic guitar. It plays and sounds better than the Emerald I had, and is about the same size. Looking it up online, it's supposed to have a 22.75" scale neck, but my fingers feel less cramped than the Emerald X7 I had which was 24" scale
All I know is I tried all the Rainsongs Elderly's had, as well as a couple of regular-sized CA guitars they had out, and this Cargo had the lowest action of any of them. Sure, it doesn't sound quite as big and boomy as the full-sized ones, but it does sound bigger than both the Emerald & the Gibson I owned.

(yeah, I need to wash my garage door
)
It has electronics in it, but only a plug-in thru the rear strap knob. There isn't a little panel with EQ or tuner. And the battery is in a little velcro pack inside the sound hole. Good thing I have small hands or the battery would be a pain to try and change. I don't think someone with big meaty hands could get in there, quite frankly.
I may have to think about investing in an EQ pedal if I ever want to plug it in to the PA at church.
edit: I just posted some factory videos of the CA factory yesterday, and I wasn't even dreaming of getting a CA guitar when I did so.
I ended up bringing home a Composite Acoustics Cargo HG

My Emerald is sold, as well as the very first guitar I ever bought, that black Gibson B-25 I bought back in 1981.
This is now my only acoustic guitar. It plays and sounds better than the Emerald I had, and is about the same size. Looking it up online, it's supposed to have a 22.75" scale neck, but my fingers feel less cramped than the Emerald X7 I had which was 24" scale

All I know is I tried all the Rainsongs Elderly's had, as well as a couple of regular-sized CA guitars they had out, and this Cargo had the lowest action of any of them. Sure, it doesn't sound quite as big and boomy as the full-sized ones, but it does sound bigger than both the Emerald & the Gibson I owned.

(yeah, I need to wash my garage door
)It has electronics in it, but only a plug-in thru the rear strap knob. There isn't a little panel with EQ or tuner. And the battery is in a little velcro pack inside the sound hole. Good thing I have small hands or the battery would be a pain to try and change. I don't think someone with big meaty hands could get in there, quite frankly.
I may have to think about investing in an EQ pedal if I ever want to plug it in to the PA at church.
edit: I just posted some factory videos of the CA factory yesterday, and I wasn't even dreaming of getting a CA guitar when I did so.
Last edited:

