New Years Eve Gig pics and clips.

Prages

User Error
I'm a little upset because out of the whole gig, I only managed to get three songs recorded on audio (I've guess I've still got some bugs to work out of the new laptop). I also video taped the whole show, but the left side of the audio is clipped all the way through. I'm trying to figure out a way to just copy the right side audio channel to the left and just have an unclipped mono audio file, but I haven't gotten that figured out yet.

Anyway, we'll start with the clips. I just used 80 kbps conversion, but they still sound pretty good. I didn't spend much time mixing or anything, so they aren't perfect sound quality wise, and they definitely aren't perfect as far as performance goes.

These are the first three songs from the second set. All covers.

When I Come Around (Greenday)

Just Got Paid (ZZ Top)

Pepper (Butthole Surfers)


And some pics from the night.

I used my PRS for the first time in several years. I really do enjoy playing that thing, and should probably start taking it to more gigs.

Chuck.jpg


NYEGoofy.jpg


NYEPose.jpg


NYE1.jpg


NYE2.jpg


NYE3.jpg


NYE4.jpg


NYE5.jpg


NYE6.jpg


NYE7.jpg


NYE8.jpg


NYE9.jpg


NYE10.jpg


NYE11.jpg


If I can figure out how to fix the audio track in the video, I'll upload some video clips later.
 
Sounds pretty good!

A question - why do you stand in front of the bass amp and the bass player stands in front of your guitar amp?
 
Cool!

I'll give the clips a listen tomorrow (sleeping baby again :embarrassed:). I always love rediscovering a guitar like that smi
 
denverdave said:
Sounds pretty good!

A question - why do you stand in front of the bass amp and the bass player stands in front of your guitar amp?

It's a small stage. Neither of us has a problem hearing the other amp, and we end up switching off on guitar and bass several times throughout the night.

The bass amp carries better when it's next to the wall than it does when it's away from the wall.

We don't set up like that anywhere else that we play, but we almost always do at this place.

In short, I really don't know. biggrin
 
I'm gonna go ahead and try to upload the Sweet Child video. I still haven't figured out how to use just the right side of the audio, so the left side is still clipped. It doesn't sound bad on my earbuds, but it's clipped to hell on my studio monitors.

Maybe it's just my media player on that computer? idn_smilie
 
markwein said:
OK.

I'm learning "Just got paid" now for my band... cop0

Great stuff!

Please don't learn it from my clip. :embarrassed:

It has really devolved in the 10 years that we've been playing it. biggrin
 
Prages said:
It's a small stage. Neither of us has a problem hearing the other amp, and we end up switching off on guitar and bass several times throughout the night.

The bass amp carries better when it's next to the wall than it does when it's away from the wall.

We don't set up like that anywhere else that we play, but we almost always do at this place.

In short, I really don't know. biggrin

That makes sense with the bass amp (hard surfaces close help the bass carry better).

Our next show is a week from today in a really small club with a small stage. We are going with a smaller sound system and board - no micing the amps and no drum mics. I'm really looking forward to 1/3 the setup and tear down.
 
Here's the video clip of Sweet Child. I don't hear it clipping like I did on my other PC, so it may be fine. Let me know if you hear the clipping.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
tele911 said:
Nice one.... excellent job on the vocals too, no clipping here. All around awesome job AOK

Interesting.

I'll have to take back all the bad things I said about my video camera yesterday. :grin:
 
That sounded pretty good for a video camera mic!

Good job on the vocals - Axel's distinct voice is pretty ingrained into the GNR songs and makes it hard to cover the songs well but you pulled it off well.
 
Listening to Sweet Child right now.

You sound great singing it. Usually whenever I hear someone doing it (including the band I did it in) the vocals sound pretty ridiculous...
 
markwein said:
Listening to Sweet Child right now.

You sound great singing it. Usually whenever I hear someone doing it (including the band I did it in) the vocals sound pretty ridiculous...

Ten years ago I could really nail it. I stuggle on it nowadays, but on a good night I can still usually pull it off. The other night wasn't the best I've ever sang it, but I'm not completely embarassed by it either. :embarrassed:
 
Since the video's audio doesn't seem too bad, I'll try to get a few more songs uploaded this weekend. Dude00
 
I just figured out how to overdub audio in Windows Movie Maker. Now I can overdub my good audio for the three songs I got recorded. heavy-metal-044

I'm working on Pepper right now. It's probably gonna be at least tomorrow before I get it uploaded though.
 
Back
Top