New Guitar Day!!!

View attachment 78805 View attachment 78806 View attachment 78807 It’s been a while since I actually bought a guitar but I’ve been rehearsing my songs and I want to play live so I figured an acoustic would be good for a solo act. It’s just a cheap Yamaha APX600 but the smaller size suits me and it sounds fine for my needs. Acoustic snobs probably won’t care
How are you liking your apx600? I got one to play during breaks at work. I like it. Bought a pick guard and some blingy pins. A black strap button too.
I strongly considered an Eastman. I'm happy with the Yamaha.

20230228_194013.jpg
 
How are you liking your apx600? I got one to play during breaks at work. I like it. Bought a pick guard and some blingy pins. A black strap button too.
I strongly considered an Eastman. I'm happy with the Yamaha.

View attachment 81057


I’m no acoustic expert but it serves my needs for strumming chords for a sing along.
One thing I’ve noticed is narrower string spacing at the bridge than on many acoustics. Maybe not the best for a fingerstyle player.
It sounds great to me unplugged or through my VHT Special 6. Sounds phenomenal with some serious overdrive too. It does not feed back. It’s definitely made for the stage.
 
I’m no acoustic expert but it serves my needs for strumming chords for a sing along.
One thing I’ve noticed is narrower string spacing at the bridge than on many acoustics. Maybe not the best for a fingerstyle player.
It sounds great to me unplugged or through my VHT Special 6. Sounds phenomenal with some serious overdrive too. It does not feed back. It’s definitely made for the stage.
It's got the same 1.69 nut width as my Taylor 214ce. Both work well for me playing fingerstyle. A 1.75 would probably be more comfortable for certain chords. I haven't plugged mine in yet. I did mill down the saddle.

*the string spacing is much narrower towards the bridge.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top