It is interesting to look through my analytics - the videos that I think are really good content in terms of instruction get a bunch of interest at first (especially when I'm running Facebook Ads) and then run pretty slow but some of the backing tracks have become very popular. I don't think I can keep on up the gear review thing because I don't have the relationships with companies and my viewership isn't that big yet but I kinda want to make a few more of those this year, too.All of the above? I get something from all of them but voted for beginner stuff because I get something from that and my son is showing interest.
I do love gear demos and backing tracks too though.
Well, I think I'm best at the "basic concepts' stuff but it looks like most of those videos will be slow growth for me. They are important for me to make because I use them with my own students (especially the remote ones). I kind of suck at explaining how gear works other than how it works for me. I was watching Jonathan Cordery this morning do this video and I thought it would be nice to make my own version of this except it would be "I found a sound that I like, plug it in and use it every day"I'm less interested in learning how to play classic rock, metal, and blues and more interested in the basic concepts we all missed because we were trying to learn classic rock and blues. And while I don't really care for gear demos I do think some videos on how gear works would be cool.
Well, I think I'm best at the "basic concepts' stuff but it looks like most of those videos will be slow growth for me. They are important for me to make because I use them with my own students (especially the remote ones). I kind of suck at explaining how gear works other than how it works for me. I was watching Jonathan Cordery this morning do this video and I thought it would be nice to make my own version of this except it would be "I found a sound that I like, plug it in and use it every day"
I agree with this as well as something like explanations of parameter settings on different types of pedals or amps to get certain sounds. I hope that makes sense. I get lost in all the dials and such especially with amps. Like what the heck is bias and presence?I think it would be interesting to get your angle on gear and how you use it. "I needed this sound or function and that's how I ended up with this piece of gear."
I just want more non-classic rock or blues stuff, really. Though I totally get that's also your niche.
I agree with this as well as something like explanations of parameter settings on different types of pedals or amps to get certain sounds. I hope that makes sense. I get lost in all the dials and such especially with amps. Like what the heck is bias and presence?
It is interesting to look through my analytics - the videos that I think are really good content in terms of instruction get a bunch of interest at first (especially when I'm running Facebook Ads) and then run pretty slow but some of the backing tracks have become very popular. I don't think I can keep on up the gear review thing because I don't have the relationships with companies and my viewership isn't that big yet but I kinda want to make a few more of those this year, too.
I get that, too. I soak my hands in a wax bath every morning and that’s my YouTube time. I’m pretty over watching most people demo stuff myself for a couple of reasons. One is that there is an element of everyone one of the popular guys demoing the same stuff at the same time as it gets released. Another is that no one seems to demo pedals the way that I use them. I dig the Shawn Tubbs demos of the J Rockett stuff but when I play through them they all sound different. Still great, but different.I think I just have demo fatigue at this point....can't even count the number of demos I punch out of in under the 1 minute mark. What kind of engagement are you getting compared to your other vids?
You just opened so many more questions. lol But this is what I'm looking for.Presence is a treble control that comes after the tone stack, in the negative feedback loop.
Bias in reference to tubes means setting them in the optimal performance range. On a fuzz pedal, it means drawing less voltage from the battery to get a "spitty" or "velcro" sounds. But you can use it in a more subtle manner to get that Eric Johnson carbon battery thing going too.
Start a thread.You just opened so many more questions. lol But this is what I'm looking for.

Yeah. I like doing this sort of thing but I’m nervous a out copyright strikes on the channel.Stage moves for sure.
Not sure if anybody already does this, but what about doing a hybrid of a reaction video and a theory lesson.
Instead of the reaction video being you making goofy faces because you’ve never heard something, you jam along to a piece of music (preferably something you’ve never heard before) and then breakdown how you came up with what you did and possibly explore ways you could’ve made it cooler. That would give a unique platform for theory instruction.
Edit: copy write law might make this a pain in the ass or impossible
Yeah. I like doing this sort of thing but I’m nervous a out copyright strikes on the channel.
beat me to it! (better than everyone else at school)Sweeping and tapping tutorials!
![]()