My Fractal FM-3 thread.

Got to listen today. 1) I know, everyone has their taste but, for me, through my crappy laptop speakers, I wouldn't want it any wetter. It was exactly what I would want.

2) With the Cheiften, I wanted you to go back to drive A and make the video a couple of hours longer.
 
Got to listen today. 1) I know, everyone has their taste but, for me, through my crappy laptop speakers, I wouldn't want it any wetter. It was exactly what I would want.

2) With the Cheiften, I wanted you to go back to drive A and make the video a couple of hours longer.
Yeah...I'm not into having my sounds being too wet but on stage a lot of that gets eaten by other instruments or ambient sounds like the crowd. My preference when listening to each sound in isolation is usually a little too dry for on stage.

I'll need to play with the Chieftain a bit more. I wanted to use a Vox or Morgan model for that sound but the Matchless with a Vox 2x12 really spoke to me.

The only thing that I'm not in love with is the selection of drive pedals. That might change as I work with them, though.
 
Sounds great. I don’t like reverb and delay unless it’s just barely audible so all is good with me in the video.
Thanks! It seems like the expectation is that everything is really wet in these demos but I just don’t hear things that way when I’m playing.
 
Yeah...I'm not into having my sounds being too wet but on stage a lot of that gets eaten by other instruments or ambient sounds like the crowd. My preference when listening to each sound in isolation is usually a little too dry for on stage.

I'll need to play with the Chieftain a bit more. I wanted to use a Vox or Morgan model for that sound but the Matchless with a Vox 2x12 really spoke to me.

The only thing that I'm not in love with is the selection of drive pedals. That might change as I work with them, though.

If they have a Rat style pedal in there, give that a shot with the Matchless. Rat + Vox style amps = :love:
 
If they have a Rat style pedal in there, give that a shot with the Matchless. Rat + Vox style amps = :love:

they do! I'll give it a spin.

I'm enjoying watching your journey.

For once, the journey with a piece of gear like this is enjoyable. I have to work a bit to understand a few things but I don't need to be an audio engineer to get good sounds from it.
 
Man. The Fractal forum is just like any other forum. "Why doesn't my $1000 device have all of the features of the $3000? I'm being ripped off with all of these free updates that don't give me exactly the functionality of the more expensive device with better hardware!!!!".
DO NOT look at the Positive Grid Spark groups on FB.
It makes me want to burn mine and deny ever having owned one.
 
Someone from one of the Facebook FM3 groups sent me a stand to try out. @Poparad has one and when he shared it people couldn’t wrap their heads around why you would want your FM3 on the desk. I think it’s a great idea since this is mostly being used with my computer for the time being.

E34D1BA0-97F2-4AA1-8E11-3EC16C61FEFD.jpeg
85C22805-85A6-49B2-8CC3-3275BDC11A3D.jpeg
 
People on the internet have opinions and can't appreciate diversity?
Rob actually sent it to me so that I could give an honest opinion and tell people. I’m not sure why my opinion is any different from yours. And you paid for yours. You’d think that would mean more.

I like it. It’s well made and puts the device at a more useful angle for desktop work. If he were to start mass-producing these I’d suggest using a laminate material instead of wood but that’s all.
 
Ok...update for the week. New videos first:





I feel like I'm getting the hang of this thing and I'm kind of excited to replace my large rig with it. I need to sell the Suhr Badger which might take a while.

I uploaded a couple of presets this week: https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/...acksguitartrax&fields=all&products=0&setups=0

I'm still in my exploratory phase with this thing so I kind of quit trying to make a "live rig" preset. I find that I'm learning more by tackling individual projects and getting sounds specific to that project. I still need to come up with a good rhythm crunch that approximates what I currently get with my live rig. For some reason, that is the hardest sound to get for me.
 
Back
Top