Achtung! MWGL do-it yourselfers

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
How does one get those little mesh faucet thingies of the end of a faucet? I have hard water, and a couple of mine have the lime buildup in them now. I'd like to take them off and clean 'em, but no idea of what I can use to get them off. I assume that those adjustable vise clamp wrenches (with teeth) will crunch them, so bad idea there.

What do I need to get to take them off?
 
Try removing the aerator by hand first. If that doesn't work, move on to some adjustable pliers with something to protect the finish on the aerator.
 
i'm a helper
sledge-hammer-775102.jpg
 
If it's crusted on to the faucet with lime, I'd try the bag-of-vinegar trick over it. I think it's just a friction/pressure fit, so it should pop right off.
 
Channel locks and a wash cloth. If you can't turn it by hand, a few quick taps on the end of the handle with a hammer should loosen it up. CLR works great. Or vinegar.

Have you considered a water softener?
 
Back
Top