Ms. Dmn23 is the BEST.

Now you should take the SCCA new race driver weekend course to get a novice SCCA racing license.
 

I was trying to find a slightly less crass way of describing the nature of the relationship. We're very fond of each other and we're very affectionate. That can mean different things depending on the occasion.
 
I was trying to find a slightly less crass way of describing the nature of the relationship. We're very fond of each other and we're very affectionate. That can mean different things depending on the occasion.
You should be a politician as you're already used to dancing around a direct question...

Ha...........
 
I was trying to find a slightly less crass way of describing the nature of the relationship. We're very fond of each other and we're very affectionate. That can mean different things depending on the occasion.
No offense intended. It was more a tongue-in-cheek comment.
 
No offense intended. It was more a tongue-in-cheek comment.

None taken. It's two years later and we're still at a loss to characterize the friendship when questioned about it. All I can say is she's one of the good ones and I'm fortunate to call her a friend.

14161576244_b4fe81eeee_k.jpg
 
A few years ago my Wife arranged for me to do the Bob Bondurant formula car course at Phoenix International Raceway.
I really was a blast, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
 
I took a Skip Barber weekend racing school when I was in college. It was really a cool experience. Cool enough that I took the scca racing school class in grad school and got my novice license. I converted that to a standard license after about a year. I ran a DS and then SXT class mazdaspeed3 in solo racing up until a couple of years ago. I'm hoping to get some time to get back into it again sometime soon.

For those of you who might not know, the car classes I am talking about are basically slightly modified street legal cars on dot approved tires. Cheap racing in cars that are not very fast, and basically racing for time alone on the course....so racing for noobs with no passing or cars to hit. Most cars in these classes are driven to the event, and a fair percentage are daily drivers/commuter cars.
 
Last edited:
Many years ago, there are a place call "Malibu Grand Prix." It had Go Karts that were styled as Formula 1 race cars, and a track that was laid out as a Grand Prix course. Everything was on a scale to give you the illusion of speed. It was a lot of fun, and for a while it was the teenage thing to do.

Glad you had a good time with your experience, and you indeed have a gem of a friend dmn23!
 
Last edited:
I took a Skip Barber weekend racing school when I was in college. It was really a cool experience. Cool enough that I took the scca racing school class in grad school and got my novice license. I converted that to a standard license after about a year. I ran a DS and then SXT class mazdaspeed3 in solo racing up until a couple of years ago. I'm hoping to get some time to get back into it again sometime soon.

For those of you who might not know, the car classes I am talking about are basically slightly modified street legal cars on dot approved tires. Cheap racing in cars that are not very fast, and basically racing for time alone on the course....so racing for noobs with no passing or cars to hit. Most cars in these classes are driven to the event, and a fair percentage are daily drivers/commuter cars.
Even if you don't plan on completing in autocross, the regional classes are great bang for your buck. You get an evening of vehicle dynamics discussion & driving technique followed by two days of track time to toss your car around at 10/10 in a totally controlled environment for cheap
 
Many years ago, there are a place call "Malibu Grand Prix." It had Go Karts that were styled as Formula 1 race cars, and a track that was laid out as a Grand Prix course. Everything was don't on a scale to give you the illusion of speed. It was a lot of fun, and for a while it was the teenage thing to do.
Been to one those in CA (Foster City or maybe Santa Clara?) several years ago - very fun.
 
She'd probably have a cerebral hemorrhage if she heard you say that. I once referred to her as my girlfriend and that nearly caused an embolism.

We don't quite know what we are. She's easily one of my all-time closest friends and we do just about everything together. We're...well, friendly friends.

She's my person and I'm hers. That's about the best I can offer.

Well she is a jewel of a friendly friend then....I missed the Ms. Dmn23 in the title. :)
 
Back
Top