Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

TomcatMF

Vetteless
I just got this game and it is the most incredible flight simulator I've ever played. The graphics are stunning with the whole world completely modeled in the game, buildings and all. I just flew over my own house and it showed up in the game exactly as it is in real life. If you like flight sims get this game.
 
Nice.

I had the first one. Well, my Dad did. he was a pilot and would get mad when I could fly upside down through the hangar...haha.
 
My dad had one around 86. On our green screen Tandy 1000. I used to play that and King's Quest non-stop.
Haven't played one since then but I've seen videos and WOW! Almost want to get it to fly over my house and anywhere else I've lived. That sounds awesome.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tig
My eight year old would love it if he could install cannons on the planes before flying them. That’s currently his hobby in a game called Brick Rigs.
 
That's crazy. I just YouTubed a video of Glasgow and it flies over where I live. Even from way up you can pick out the local schools and supermarkets!!!
 
I just got this game and it is the most incredible flight simulator I've ever played. The graphics are stunning with the whole world completely modeled in the game, buildings and all. I just flew over my own house and it showed up in the game exactly as it is in real life. If you like flight sims get this game.
You've got some serious hardware to run it, huh? I've heard that maxed out settings will make even an RTX 2080Ti chug.
 
I have a GTX 1080 running on an i7 with 32 GB of RAM a 256 GB M.2 SSD and a 1TB HDD. I'm running on high settings and runs pretty smooth for me.
 
I used to love Combat Flight Simulator. Have read good things about this reboot but I gather you don’t get to shoot at stuff.
 
Anytime I see something labeled as “2020” it sets a certain tone....





this is what I expected to see in this thread.

bdfac790-5c46-4f92-802a-ffe489edd627-russia_plane_fire.JPG
 
I love a good flight simulator.

My first was the original MS-DOS version in 1981 on the high school math department's 8088 IBM PC.
 
My classmate in college asked me to write a flight simulator (visuals, terrain, etc.) to go along with his instrument control simulator.
I didn’t think there was a future in that kind of thing.
*sulks*
 
So they recently enabled VR and I have to say it is amazing. It is much easier to do visual landing approaches with VR. It really feels like you are flying, and when you look down you get a better sense of the altitude without looking at the instruments. I can judge my alignment to runways much better in VR than I can with a 2D monitor. I have to sacrifice some resolution, but it is totally worth it.
 
So they recently enabled VR and I have to say it is amazing. It is much easier to do visual landing approaches with VR. It really feels like you are flying, and when you look down you get a better sense of the altitude without looking at the instruments. I can judge my alignment to runways much better in VR than I can with a 2D monitor. I have to sacrifice some resolution, but it is totally worth it.

I don't have any consoles, or really play video games anymore, but the new Spiderman, Avengers, and a good racing simulator if it could work with VR could entice me to the dark side.

Before the pandemic, we went to a huge multi-room, multi-player VR Arcade and it was absofreakinglutely amazing!
 
I don't have any consoles, or really play video games anymore, but the new Spiderman, Avengers, and a good racing simulator if it could work with VR could entice me to the dark side.

Before the pandemic, we went to a huge multi-room, multi-player VR Arcade and it was absofreakinglutely amazing!
Assetto Corsa is an awesome racing simulator that supports VR very well. I have found VR with racing games to be amazing as well. VR is best supported on PC right now, but I think PS4 and PS 5 have some VR support.
 
Assetto Corsa is an awesome racing simulator that supports VR very well. I have found VR with racing games to be amazing as well. VR is best supported on PC right now, but I think PS4 and PS 5 have some VR support.

I can't believe that the people at Top Gear (or Grand Tour) haven't put a butt-load of people on a quality simulator with Mission-based game play like having to buy a certain car within a budget, mod it, travel through a country with our favorite three British Knuckleheads, then compete in crazy ass challenges along the way.

Fuuuuuuuck I would be so into that game, and even if each new country and challenges were a paid add-on pack... I would happily be...

images
 
I think the first flight sim I played was Chuck Yeager's F-15 Strike Eagle on the Tandy 1000. Was a big fan of Jetfighter 2 back in the day.
 
Back
Top