Let's talk about Uber

I couldn't be an Uber driver. Too many drunks. But this guy makes light of it. You really have to be ready for anything.
 
Driving for Lyft was torture.
I had most of my rides out of the ASU area. College kids should eat a bag of dicks daily.

Then I would have rides in Scottsdale. A bigger bag of dicks for those fucks is needed.
 
We've been using uber for the past week during our travels. We also tried lyft. I found the two about the same. The drivers have been friendly and helpful (luggage, shared local knowledge). I asked a few how the system was working for 'sm and they were all very positive.
 
That's pretty risky as a driver then. I'm sure a lot of people don't even think about that. You might be makeing some spare CRAFT BEER money but then you get in a fender bender and two months later yer insurance rates go up up...
If it were a traditional cab company it would probably fall under the works insurance.

Yep. It was the potential liability that caused me to bail out of it as soon as I was done figuring out how it worked.
 
Uber : Taxis :: Craigslist : Classifieds

Taxis will survive in big cities' downtown areas, but even there they are being hit hard. Small town taxis? Fugget about it.
 
Not interested, and don't have the need.

My how things change...

5738b36b95ec0adf193b7aff705ee315.jpg



A friends son has a cool business though. He has a fold up scooter, and gets referrals from bars for drunks that need a ride home. He goes to the bar, puts his scooter in their trunk and drives the drunks home in their car, then hops back on his scooter and goes to the next bar. He makes pretty good money on weekends, and is his own boss.
 
I use uber/lyft very rarely (if I'm not driving, I prefer to take the train/bus). That said, sometimes the convenience makes it worth it and I've never had a bad experience with it. I took a lyft home from dinner last night.
 
Not interested, and don't have the need.

My how things change...

View attachment 35065


A friends son has a cool business though. He has a fold up scooter, and gets referrals from bars for drunks that need a ride home. He goes to the bar, puts his scooter in their trunk and drives the drunks home in their car, then hops back on his scooter and goes to the next bar. He makes pretty good money on weekends, and is his own boss.
That's a pretty good idea, provided the ride back to the bars isn't too far. Anything over 5 miles or so would start to become time prohibitive I would think.
 
Well, I'm uber pissed at Uber. They made my wife jump through hoops to become an Uber driver. She installs the app, but never gets any requests for rides. She runs into someone complaining the Uber isn't available in our town and she says "sure it is, I'm a driver". So he gets out his phone and requests a ride. A message pops up and says Uber is not available in our town.

Wife contacts Uber and is informed that, indeed, Uber will not service our area.

Why didn't they tell her that when she signed up?
 
Well, I'm uber pissed at Uber. They made my wife jump through hoops to become an Uber driver. She installs the app, but never gets any requests for rides. She runs into someone complaining the Uber isn't available in our town and she says "sure it is, I'm a driver". So he gets out his phone and requests a ride. A message pops up and says Uber is not available in our town.

Wife contacts Uber and is informed that, indeed, Uber will not service our area.

Why didn't they tell her that when she signed up?
Wow. That's some serious bs right there.
 
BTW - I just used Uber for the first time to get to and from the airport on my recent trip to Michigan. Best thing ever, I'll never bother with long term parking again.
 
Well, I'm uber pissed at Uber. They made my wife jump through hoops to become an Uber driver. She installs the app, but never gets any requests for rides. She runs into someone complaining the Uber isn't available in our town and she says "sure it is, I'm a driver". So he gets out his phone and requests a ride. A message pops up and says Uber is not available in our town.

Wife contacts Uber and is informed that, indeed, Uber will not service our area.

Why didn't they tell her that when she signed up?

Sounds like she could start a new ride service just for your town. She just needs the software. It's all software driven and humans never intervene in the ride plans. I bet there's an app out there for independent drivers to use - maybe . . . there should be . . . I should write one.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DFB
Sounds like she could start a new ride service just for your town. She just needs the software. It's all software driven and humans never intervene in the ride plans. I bet there's an app out there for independent drivers to use - maybe . . . there should be . . . I should write one.
It just doesn't seem safe to send your wife out to pick up strangers.
I drove for Lyft in AZ,but it was mostly ASU kids on a bender
I was always packing, against Lyft rules.
 
Back
Top