let's talk about the mythical hollowbody i'm never going to buy

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
there aren't enough pics of Heritage guitars out there.

H575%20ANT%20NAT.jpg




would it be wrong to buy an instrument just to change all the hardware from gold to chrome?

Eastman_AR803_16D_01.jpg



and why can't Ibanez Artcores ever look as good in person as they do in pictures? damn you, Photoshop. :annoyed:

AF75bs_m.jpg

Ibanez%20001.jpg
 
lol. I don't like the suburst on the artcores but if they made a red one of those like my AS73 I'd dig it just fine.

The Eastman lloks rad. I like this one:


  • 16″ F-hole electric archtop sunburst
  • Carved spruce top, maple laminate sides and back
  • Custom mounted humbucking pickup
  • Feedback resistant with great tone, excellent gigging guitar
  • Suggested retail price: $1250
or this one with the floating pickup:


    • A “lively” 16″ F-hole archtop in the “traditional” style
    • Carved spruce top, carved maple sides and back
    • Custom Kent Armstrong floating pickup
    • Also available in a non-electric, non-cutaway model (AR805, SRP: $1,995)
    • Suggested retail price: $2,395
 
i'm still convinced i'd need 2 pickups. dunno why, but it just seems weird to buy a single pup instrument that isn't a $200 dano.

though i dig the used prices on that Eastman 805.
 
The first pic is absolutely beautiful.

If I were smart (Which clearly, I am not)... I would unload my White Falcon. I have no practical use for it, and I most certainly never will. Hollow Bodies and Semi-Hollow's just don't fit in to what I do.

I love it, but it just sits in it's case. It was just one of those things I had to own. Damn Billy Duffy!
 
...just get an Artcore...do it. I have one...we can be artcore buddies...AF75, in pumpkinburst...
 
i'm still convinced i'd need 2 pickups. dunno why, but it just seems weird to buy a single pup instrument that isn't a $200 dano.

though i dig the used prices on that Eastman 805.

I'd like the freedom of not worrying about anything other than playing and shaping the tone with my pick hand placement and velocity.
 
The first pic is absolutely beautiful.

If I were smart (Which clearly, I am not)... I would unload my White Falcon. I have no practical use for it, and I most certainly never will. Hollow Bodies and Semi-Hollow's just don't fit in to what I do.

I love it, but it just sits in it's case. It was just one of those things I had to own. Damn Billy Duffy!

I wish I could assist you in advancing your intelligence... Unload away!

:grin:
 
Just buy an Artcore. Then spend the next year buying boutique pickups from ten to fifteen small makers at about $250 - $400 a set and figure out which one gives you 'the' tone.
 
Just buy an Artcore. Then spend the next year buying boutique pickups from ten to fifteen small makers at about $250 - $400 a set and figure out which one gives you 'the' tone.

Eastman_AR503CE_Sunburst_811_peg.jpg

Eastman_AR503CE_Sunburst_811_front.jpg

Eastman_AR503CE_Sunburst_811_back.jpg


Eastman AR503ce. Just needs chrome hardware. $999, which puts it at about $600 - $750 used. so by the time i'm ready to buy, they'll be used. :grin:

oh, and maybe a Seth Lover pickup.
 
Back
Top