Mojo Request Laid off with a twist

tgk03

Ain't it crazy?
I got laid off from my dream job two weeks ago. Some may recall I was illustrating for a magazine/website publisher. The owner sold/dissolved the company. 35 of us were let go. The rest of the company was essentially let go and basically rehired by the new company. I was let go with no severance pay. I had 30 DAYS of vacation on the books but they didn't pay me for it as it is part of an unsecured claim against the old company who is in some sort of bankruptcy. So I have to wait for the court to decide when and if I get my vacation pay. In fact everybody that stayed on lost their vacation pay as well and are starting from ZERO with the new company.
I have a retirement account which I may need to raid but that is in the process of being shut down and I am not sure when those funds will be available. I need some job mojo. I got a freelance gig that is keeping busy so I am thankful for that.
 
That sucks, sounds like you are basically getting screwed. :mad:

Glad you have the freelance gig to fall back on, and good luck finding another full-time one.
 
Getting layed off sucks enough, but the potential loss of earned vacation money they owe you puts sand in the vasoline.

Unscrupulous business owners suck. :mad:
 
So, the owner shuts down, then starts a new company up and all of the little people lose stuff?


Much mojo.
 
That sucks. The way the company is handling it is pretty unethical, in my opinion. Good luck and mojo.
 
that is pretty shitty. I think someone needs to get that story to the local papers, they need some backlash if that is how they are going to treat people.

Mojo.
 
Major mojo. Hope things work out for you. I got laid off a couple of years ago; I was able to collect unemployment, but that doesn't compare to getting a paycheck.
 
Back
Top