GergS
Butt
I've followed Penn State football for as long as I can remember. I wanted to go to PSU as well but didn't have the grades to go to Main Campus. I now work at PSU and it's really a sad state of affairs here now. The administration and the coaching staff all dropped the ball on this one. The actions of a certain few have tarnished...more like destroyed...the reputation of the institution that me and thousands of faculty, staff, students and alumi have been proud of for so many years. The really disturbing part is there is very little mention of the kids that were sexually abused. They are the real victims here...not Joe or the PSU leaders. They will be fine in the end, the kids however will have a whole lifetime to deal with what was done to them and that's a disgrace. This needs to be fixed, and fixed fast. Letting Joe go is the first step. Spanier and the rest of the administration need to go as well. The University also needs to publicly apologize to the children and the families affected by this and offer up as much support as they can. The damage is done and it will take years to repair. We are going to have to live with the "Pedo State U" comments for a long time but that's the price we have to pay for an administration that screwed up big time. All I want is for justice to be served and for people to be put in place that will do the right thing.
