WTF: It's a dang blizzard out there!

We just got back from taking Fletch sledding at Piedmont Park. It was zoo of drunkards and makeshift sleds. The news was there... several different crews actually. Big fun, plus we walked there from our condo. :cool:
 
We just got back from taking Fletch sledding at Piedmont Park. It was zoo of drunkards and makeshift sleds. The news was there... several different crews actually. Big fun, plus we walked there from our condo. :cool:

I walked to the gas station yesterday and when I got there I saw four people approaching in army fatigues.

The weather was rough. Everyone is on foot.

I felt like a character out of The Road
 
I love my Jeep.

jeep2.jpg


That was in the afternoon, I had been out running around in it all day, hence why the windshield is cleared off.
 
We've got about 2" today, but they've been doing a shitty job of clearing the roads. I live at the top of the hill and there are two ways to leave... down the very steep and straight slope or the very windy and steep slope. If I go in I'll be walking. :annoyed: I've already had a few cancellations though. :thu:

EDIT: SNOW DAY!!!! party0
 
Last edited:
...supposed to snow here later... 3-8 inches...nothing big...they brine the main roads, so they are usually decent...side roads are another story though :embarrassed:...
 
OMG?!?!?!?

I WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND IT WAS SNOWING. SOME EVEN GOT ON MY COAT AND SHOES WHEN I WAS WALKING TO THE BUS STOP. I MIGHT EVEN HAVE TO SHOVEL WHEN I GET HOME TONIGHT!!!!!111

:mad:

:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:
 
OMG?!?!?!?

I WOKE UP THIS MORNING AND IT WAS SNOWING. SOME EVEN GOT ON MY COAT AND SHOES WHEN I WAS WALKING TO THE BUS STOP. I MIGHT EVEN HAVE TO SHOVEL WHEN I GET HOME TONIGHT!!!!!111

:mad:

:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

Well the south doesnt get snow so this is a big deal for them. I'm happy to chuckle at their expense though :embarrassed:
 
Well the south doesnt get snow so this is a big deal for them. I'm happy to chuckle at their expense though :embarrassed:

Seriously. It's not out of the question for some people who live a short drive from us to grow up never seeing snow at all, much less enough accumulation to actually go out sledding. It's a big deal down here. Kind of like when you Yankees get to taste good barbecue. :)
 
My office just closed. It was clear until about an hour and a half ago. This is what it looks like now. Storms that come in right at rush hour are a PITA.

closed.jpg
 
I am going to bed. I was up at 0430 AM, and shovelled only a small bit away from my car. I was on the road into a raging blizzard by 0530... headed down the highway at 20 MPH singing that famous Paul Simon song. Took almost 2 hrs to get to work, part of it was a damned white knuckle ride. A total of 8 people including the boss were crazy enough to drive into work.... and he was thinking he would be better off at home. Only problem was.... I got there long before he did and was not about to get short changed off a full day's pay. Short story is that he cut us all loose before 3 PM, and told us we were all getting time & a half for showing up. Took me about an hour to head home. I've been out shovelling 2 feet of snow for the past 4 hrs without a break. I am going to drink a beer or two, and that should make me fall asleep in under 5 minutes.
 
Back
Top