Hot or Not? I'm a hopeless guitar slut

BlackCat

American Greaser
I had some time to kill tonight and I was on 48Th street so I stopped in to Sam Ash. They had five of these old Gibson ES125Ts. A model I'm unfamiliar with. If the salesman would have asked me if I needed help I would have walked out with one.
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
photobucket-6681-1320810636893.jpg


Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
 
the only thing stopping me from buying one is that they only have one pickup. looks like i want an ES-225 instead.
 
I noticed Rudy's is a Reverend dealer now. Man things have changed from a few years ago when you couldn't see a Reverend in a store around here.

photobucket-10360-1320810637562.jpg


The neon sign makes all the colors look weird. That's a gold sparkle ES335.
 
I noticed Rudy's is a Reverend dealer now. Man things have changed from a few years ago when you couldn't see a Reverend in a store around here.

photobucket-10360-1320810637562.jpg


The neon sign makes all the colors look weird. That's a gold sparkle ES335.


YEp, they just had a Reverend night with Gil Parris two weeks ago.
 
That's an ES 120. Careful with those, the guts are all mounted to that floating pickguard, which are known to break. Especially around the jack.
The melody maker single sounds good, though.

EG
 
That's an ES 120. Careful with those, the guts are all mounted to that floating pickguard, which are known to break. Especially around the jack.
The melody maker single sounds good, though.

EG

I must have misremembered the model number.

The least expensive one had a chip out of the pickguard up by the neck. It looked in good shape besides that.

The others were $500 to $1000 more expensive.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
 
he's only a slut for hopeless guitars. it's a mercy mission.


That flock of ES120Ts did look lonely and unloved. I'm sure they don't get that much interest in them. No cutaway, one single coil in the bridge position, huge pickguard, trapeze tail piece, and wooden bridge. They're not exactly the most popular configuration.

es120t.jpg
 
The 120 was the Melody Maker of archtops. A one pickup stripper.
Like a melody maker, they have their own cool vibe. They play well and sound great. The loaded pickguards were the big drawback. Kinda fragile.

EG
 
Back
Top