I would like to propose a truce with Sad Navigator

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fanuvbrak

Guest
Dear SN,
It is clear to me that you are a very intelligent person. I respect that. It is also clear that you are very opinionated. I can respect that, also.

So what I propose is that when I post something that I am fairly proud of, you either support it or ignore it. It's easy...I post a clip, you refrain from chipping in with a snarky comment.

You post something, and I will do the same.

Sometimes, you post things that are interesting and I would like to reply. But I hold back because I know it will be met with derision and scorn.

You don't like me. That's fine. I don't like you much either. In fact, if there were ever a forumite who I would actually like to get down to a fistfight with, it would be you.

But, you do have some interesting takes on things.

I would just like to get to the point where maybe you actually support something that makes me happy. I will do the same for you once I figure out what makes you happy. For me, it's this band.

Sure, it's cheesy, but goddamn I have fun doing it. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

So, we don't have to agree to be best buds, but lets leave each other alone when we're about to go on the attack.

Thanks,
Steve
 
I have found that the Ignore list has made my life infinitely better on this forum. The only time it doesn't work is when other people quote those on my ignore list, and even then I can learn to live with it. I just manually ignore it.
 
you're a baby. :tongue:

Give the dude a break. He just lost his job, so he comes on here to talk about something he loves to do and he has to deal with constant wiseass remarks poking fun at his unemployment. It's tough to just let that shit slide off your back. :embarrassed:
 
Guilty as charged.

console.gif
 
Most truces don't involve invitations to a fist-fight, so kudos for getting that in there. This is Achievement Trucing.
 
I would just like to get to the point where maybe you actually support something that makes me happy. I will do the same for you once I figure out what makes you happy.

What if making you miserable is what makes him happy? This could get confusing.
 
I have found that the Ignore list has made my life infinitely better on this forum. The only time it doesn't work is when other people quote those on my ignore list, and even then I can learn to live with it. I just manually ignore it.

I agree. There are just some people who are simply incapable of adding anything positive...
 
Well put, Fanuvbrak!

I have found that the Ignore list has made my life infinitely better on this forum. The only time it doesn't work is when other people quote those on my ignore list, and even then I can learn to live with it. I just manually ignore it.

Yup. That said, SN has been on my ignore list for a while.
 
Most truces don't involve invitations to a fist-fight, so kudos for getting that in there. This is Achievement Trucing.


I know. that was weird, right?

What if making you miserable is what makes him happy? This could get confusing.

I fell asleep watching Inception and didn't know if I was awake when I woke up. I imagine this would be a lot like that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top