I now own no electric guitars.

alexslashaxel88

Useless without serious drugs
I sold my Xaviere yesterday to a couple of middle aged women. The one lady was buying it for her daughter so she brought a friend who knew about guitars. The knowledgeable friend even owned an Xaviere at one point (one of the older flame top teles.)

So, now I just have my acoustic and my bass. I never liked the way any of my electrics sounded anyways and that always seemed to distract me from just playing.
 
Last edited:
I'm starting to hate Fender Stratocasters. I sold my '64 and kept a few parts for my own lefty creation.
But all my property is still in a former residence, not having moved everything yet.
So I'm playing the acoustic piano in the house where I'm at, feeling more symphonic right away.

A woman brought her daughter over to me to see about a guitar...
because she was afraid to leave her alone with me. I was getting a little too left-handed.

Maybe we can get into some self-righteous smashing, turning over tables of mixers and digital effects,
smashing solid-bodies and bashing grill-cloths... mashing it all into a big shorting out buzz...
until we can return to our meditative and contemplative instrumentation.

Jimi? Jimi? no... I didn't type that... yes... the semi-solid-body is still there... yeah... the stereo Marshall pre-amp too...
and all those half-rack, micro-digital Roland Boss effects, with the Crybaby, Ernie Ball volume and 9-volt distortion on the floor.
Turn it up on high!

as always, John Watt
 
Last edited:
I'm starting to hate Fender Stratocasters. I sold my '64 and kept a few parts for my own lefty creation.
But all my property is still in a former residence, not having moved everything yet.
So I'm playing the acoustic piano in the house where I'm at, feeling more symphonic right away.

A woman brought her daughter over to me to see about a guitar...
because she was afraid to leave her alone with me. I was getting a little too left-handed.

Making we can get into some self-righteous smashing, turning over tables of mixers and digital effects,
smashing solid-bodies and bashing grill-cloths... mashing it all into a big shorting out buzz...
until we can return to our meditative and contemplative instrumentation.

Jimi? Jimi? no... I didn't type that... yes... the semi-solid-body is still there... yeah... the stereo Marshall pre-amp too...
and all those half-rack, micro-digital Roland Boss effects, with the Crybaby, Ernie Ball volume and 9-volt distortion on the floor.
Turn it up on high!

as always, John Watt

That certainly cleared up everything. :lol:
 
Way to go...now there's going to be another chick with a guitar out there. :rolleyes:

:embarrassed:
 
I remember Jammity once said "You're good at what you do." I completely agree. This is a good chance to focus your sound and your "thing". Even if you do pick up an electric somewhere down the line again, I think this could be really good for you.
 
Way to go...now there's going to be another chick with a guitar out there. :rolleyes:

:embarrassed:

:grin:

I remember Jammity once said "You're good at what you do." I completely agree. This is a good chance to focus your sound and your "thing". Even if you do pick up an electric somewhere down the line again, I think this could be really good for you.

Ya, I was constantly being discouraged by the sound I was getting from my modelers or my pickups or cable or blah blah. I always resorted back to my cheap acoustic because it always sounded the same. It less stress and more play.
 
You're not playing a Cargassi C-140, are you? I'd go acoustic for one of those.
I still like my Art & Lutherie acoustic made from local fallen trees, silver maple and cherry.
It's nice to even just forget music and guitar and just climb the trees.
It's less dress and more sway.

as always, John Watt
 
You're not playing a Cargassi C-140, are you? I'd go acoustic for one of those.
I still like my Art & Lutherie acoustic made from local fallen trees, silver maple and cherry.
It's nice to even just forget music and guitar and just climb the trees.
It's less dress and more sway.

as always, John Watt

Nope, $99 Epiphone I bought the summer I started playing.
 
You're not playing a Cargassi C-140, are you? I'd go acoustic for one of those.
I still like my Art & Lutherie acoustic made from local fallen trees, silver maple and cherry.
It's nice to even just forget music and guitar and just climb the trees.
It's less dress and more sway.

as always, John Watt

I think someone hacked John's account. I almost understood that post. :grin:
 
Gary Blanchard! Does that mean you got my semi-facetious reference to the Cargassi C-140 guitar,
a thread in Harmony Central's Counterfeit forums?
For the first time I felt like I was waylaying someone online.

as always, John Watt
 
No, it just means I didn't get too lost between the beginning and the end of the post. At my age anything more complex than a straight line is hard to follow. :grin:
 
Back
Top