I Don't know why this is so hard for people to understand

oh HELLS yea.
but not better than Squirt.
When I was a kid, I was taught to say I had to squirt when I needed to urinate.

I never drank Squirt. :embarrassed:
SQUIRT_CITRUS_SODA_20.png
 
If it doesn't have flat wounds, it might as well be active, because it's not a real bass anyway.
 
Active basses- do you mean active pickups/ passive eq circuit, or passive pickups/ active eq? Most active basses have a switch for passive/ active tones, so you can use it however you want.

The whole argument about how many strings a bassist should use seems to be mainly started by conservative guitarists. Whether it's a 4, 5 string, or 6 string bass a bassist plays depends entirely on nothing more than the range of high to low notes needed for the style of music they play.Nothing more. It has nothing to do w/the level of creativity or skill, or douchyness for that matter -There are idiots everywhere, & humble talented people that don't or rarely slap and pop & are never really noticed until they stop playing, they are everywhere as well.
 
OP is just mad because there arent many (any?) active basses with a short scale for her little baby hands
 
OP is just mad because there arent many (any?) active basses with a short scale for her little baby hands
http://www.zzounds.com/item--FEN0194700?siid=169346

I was never that keen on active basses until a buddy of mine showed me what great results he was getting using one for recording--usually direct and/or with amp sims and the like. Good bass tones are often pretty elusive in home/project studio settings, and the active bass def did the trick for him.
 
Last edited:
Active guitars are ok in my book. active basses are, like six strings, for posers and pretentious funk players
Cliff Wossname of AC and the DCs plays a Stingray. (My very own Westone Thunder has a preamp, although I turn it firmly off.)
 
I like how this evolved into an indictment against slap and pop playing. Sure, it is often overused, but it's a perfectly valid and useful playing technique.

If we want to go down that rabbit hole, anyone who plays guitar with a pick, uses hammer-ons and pull-offs, or even plugs it into an amplifier is a hack.
 
I like how this evolved into an indictment against slap and pop playing. Sure, it is often overused, but it's a perfectly valid and useful playing technique.

If we want to go down that rabbit hole, anyone who plays guitar with a pick, uses hammer-ons and pull-offs, or even plugs it into an amplifier is a hack.

If you changed it to anyone who has to play guitar with a pick and plugged into an amplifier is a hack, I wouldn't argue.
 
Back
Top