I am so ticked off....

Aahzz

Habanero Evangelist
OK, so I'll be the first to admit - Mrs Aahzz and I are not the best at yardwork. We're generally busy, so it's not always the first (or even third) thing on the list. That having been said, our lawn gets mowed, if a little less than often, enough to keep up with our HOA rules, and isn't an overgrown eyesore.

They built some new houses behind us. One of the guys that lives there got a new riding mower - when he first got it, he cut our lawn, because he didn't have a lawn yet. Friendly enough, and it seemed like a guy with a new toy who wanted to play. As the summer went on, he'd occasionally mow our back lawn when he thought it was getting too long - OK, I don't like the lawn police, but he was doing a favor, so I neither encourage nor discouraged him. Besides, it was a really busy summer.

So today Mrs Aahzz notices he's over here weed whacking by our house. She goes out and talks to him, and says "I'm planning to mow later today, you don't need to do that". He says "I just want to make your yard look good" and keeps going. OK, now from the comment I'm irritated, but we were on our way out anyway - to get parts to fix our mower, actually. So we let it slide.

We get home, and our back lawn has been mowed...and our tomato plants have been transplanted to a new location in our back yard...and a small scrub tree that was all that was left of the forest that used to be behind us was cut down...and my kids' jogging tramp and riding tractor have been removed from my patio and placed at the front of my garage...and some bags of topsoil that Mrs Aahzz was using for an experimental gardening technique have been opened and spread about.

Now I'm PISSED.

SO far, too angry to go yell at him, and Mrs Aahzz is talking me out of it anyway - so I'll see how I feel in a bit. I'm particularly mad about the tree - yeah, it was a little brambly tree, but it was all that was left and I'd decided to give it a chance and see if it grew. Also, he transplanted the tomatoes on top of our tulip beds, so who knows if they'll be affected come Spring.
 
that is unbelievable....i would be hot, hot, hot....occaisional mowing is one thing....moving and cutting down your private property is unacceptable and i'm guessing illegal....
 
Thing is, they would probably be shocked you are upset. They are probably expecting a huge "Thank You".
 
Since the damage is done, probably best to thank them for their help, and let them know you got it from here on out. idn_smilie
 
If it makes you feel anybetter, my PC just got bricked thanks to an email from a student. They sent me a video of their kid at a drum jam, Gmail said it was clean and guess what... it wasn't. :mad:

I spent the past two hours trying to get this shit off my system. Won't let me open Spybot or Anti-Malware Bytes, AVG keeps getting hung on the virus scan, even in goddamn safe mode. People wonder why I love my Mac (which I'm posting from.) :mad::mad::mad:
 
Anytime anybody wants to cut my grass, they are more than welcome. They can mow down any plant in the yard.

Just don't hurt the dogs.

Beer's in the side-by-side fridge in the bottom drawer.
 
Mrs W read the OP and said the guy would wake up to a "rearranged" yard tomorrow if it happened to us :embarrassed:


Myself, I like writing dirty word in bleach on peoples lawns :embarrassed:
 
I like Tyler's idea of repainting his house.

Mrs Aahzz wants to bake him a pumkin bread, take it over and say "Thanks for the mow. Don't ever set foot in my yard again" - which is probably what will happen. I had many more aggressive plans (including hiding iron spikes in my lawn to break his blade), but in the name of marital harmony I'll go with her plan.
 
Land mines

Turn on the sprinkler when he comes in the yard, or better yet, motion detector--->solenoid water valve--->sprinkler.

Big Dog

You beat me to the iron pipes pounded in the yard:grin:
 
Actually, the more bourbon I have, the more I'm considering installing an electric fence...


I like how you think....

He stepped way over the friendly line and into asshat territory. The pumpkin bread idea is probably the wisest plan. Then make another batch and mail me some. I will promise never to mow your lawn.....
 
The pumpkin bread idea is probably the wisest plan. Then make another batch and mail me some. I will promise never to mow your lawn.....

me and my parody thread will each take some pumpkin bread. you know, as long as you're already sending it out. :)
 
Alright, whoever solemnly promises not to mow our lawn or rearrange our garden and would like some pumpkin bread, feel free to PM me your address :grin:
 
Back
Top