Hot or not?

Nope. I don't care for the burl.
Madagascar is running out of ebony as that piece shows. "Incredible grain" like that used to be tossed off. Now it's a selling point. Good grief, just use something more sustainable for a fretboard.
 
Nope. I don't care for the burl.
Madagascar is running out of ebony as that piece shows. "Incredible grain" like that used to be tossed off. Now it's a selling point. Good grief, just use something more sustainable for a fretboard.

It sucks for people with fretless instruments, where incredibly dense woods are a necessity.

That said, I have no problem with that wood being used as a fingerboard. The only difference is cosmetic, and it works here, IMHO. Better that, then being left to rot.

I'd consider that guitar if it had a nice solid finish on the body and single-coils.

As is, it's far too much, and that always screams "I'm compensating for something!".
 
I think Suhr makes fantastic guitars.

That one does nothing for me. Probably plays and sounds great, but aesthetically it is not what I would consider appealing.

Ok, screw it... that thing is fugly.
 
Back
Top