Hot or Not - DiPinto Galaxie 4.

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member


DiPinto Galaxie 4



The DiPinto Galaxie 4 brings extreme versatility to the stage with its custom pickup configuration and control features combined with the vintage styling that is finding its resurgence here in the new millennium. With an astounding 4 (yep, I said 4!) DiPinto Single Coil pickups and individual on/off controls for each providing a complete tonal palette for even the most discerning connoisseur and yet somehow still allowing for enough sonic mayhem possibility to find a home in any player’s arsenal. The Galaxie 4 single coils are as punchy as you could want a single coil to be, in the bridge you’ve got sweet twang with all the pop and growl of any solid body. In the neck position, you’ve got enough warmth for jazz, with a tremendous amount of bite for rock or blues. The middle position has the magic of a neck/middle position blend with an increased mid-punch.

DiPinto Galaxie 4


The DiPinto Galaxie 4 provides retro style with updated features and playability combining a funky yet functional aesthetic with enough range of tonality to thrive in any situation. A solid Mahogany body and floating intonatable bridge for that surf style tremolo or sonic attack that can only happen when you strum behind the bridge. The DiPinto Galaxie 4 features a Maple neck with a Rosewood fret board and dot inlay fret markers.

DiPinto Galaxie 4 Features:




  • Mahogany Body
  • Yellow Pearloid Pickguard
  • Maple Neck with Rosewood Fret Board
  • Dot Inlay Fret Markers
  • 22 Frets
  • 25 1/2” Scale Length
  • 4 DiPinto Single Coil Pickups
  • 4 Pickup On/Off Switches
  • Volume Control
  • Tone Control
  • Floating intonatable bridge
  • Enclosed Gear Tuners with Pearl Buttons
  • Matching Yellow Pearl Headstock
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The one I played a couple of months ago was a complete POS. That whole store was kinda sketchy though, so it could've been just that particular instrument. :shrug:
 
Los Straightjackets get some cool tones out of their Galaxie 4s, but I don't think I'd like a 4-pickup guitar, any more than a 3 pickup guitar (which I'm usually not a fan of). I think I'll stick with my Jag.
 
Arise, long-dead thread!!! :eek:

Also, the search was heartening in that I don't have to retroactively eat my words :grin:

Went to CME earlier tonight after an unscheduled rescue mission in the city this afternoon :annoyed: Was messing around with a bunch of stuff, then for some reason, one of these caught my eye:

DiP.jpg


I would have NEVER picked up the Los Straitjackets blingy silver version, but they also had a seemingly rare and non-gaudy natural mahogany version. I thought "eh, why not?", and plugged in...





HOLY EFFIN BALLS!!! :eek:

This thing sounded like pure single-coil heaven, and the combination of pickup options is more good than meh. Very articulate, too.

Of course, I was playing through a Greer Apache, which ROCKED:

DiPGreer.jpg



...but, the $2K P90 Telecaster I played through it as well didn't sound as good :eek:.

The guitar, whick is MIK, was solid - the frets and neck were perfect, and the bridge is not the standard JM buzz machine - more like a Mastery, I guess, but I'm no expert.

O jeebus, do I want one of these...mercy!
 
Having gotten used to playing a Jaguar, the control system probably wouldn't bother me. I would love to play one. I don't know about buying one, but I'd sure like to play it.
 
Back
Top