WTF: Hollywood?

I've paid $50 a piece for a Movie Premier ticket, but that's before it's even released in theatres... everyone was dressed up, there were drinks and hors d'oeuvre, the director and producer shook hands and talked before the movie, etc. No way i'd pay that much to see it 2 days early.
 
Last edited:
I have problems shelling out $10.00 to see a movie.....

Same here. I was happy that when we when to see Star Trek, it was a Saturday afternoon show and we only paid $7.50. That was reasonable. I don't care for the modern theater experience, Id rather watch 99% of movies at home. My only exceptions are LOTRs, Star Wars, Star Trek, and James Bond movies.
 
I've paid $50 for a Movie Premier ticket, but that's before it's even released in theatres... everyone was dressed up, the director and producer shook hands and talked before the movie, etc. No way i'd pay that much to see it 2 days early.

I could understand if there was some interaction, Q&A whatever with the director/actors.

My little brother when to see a specail showing of My Name is Bruce and got to meet and take pics with Bruce Campbell. Thats was pretty cool.
 
That's why new technology is so expensive :shrug:

I would equate that more to research and development costs as well as increased product manufacturing efficiencies and reduced components as time goes on more than exclusivity.
 
That might be part of it, but first adopters always pay more simply so they can have it first. Shouting "FIRST!!" in real life is just as prevalent as in comment sections on the internet, it just takes on a different form :wink:
 
Hell, I'm not even that old and I remember paying a buck to get into the matinee shows. . .
 
But....it comes with a small popcorn!

My boys took me to see Iron Man 3 for Father's Day. After A FULL HOUR of previews and commercials, the movie started with the usual asshats refusing to shut the hell up.

I won't return to a theater for any reason short of a threat of violence.
And at $50, it'd better be a death threat.
 
Back
Top