Hey, Doc

Devil is Dill

Doubleplusgood
Before you call my pregnant wife and tell her you got the results of her blood test back and she should make an appointment today or go to the emergency room, maybe you should check you file and figure out the numbers you're looking are off because she's pregnant.

panic0

:mad::mad::mad::mad:
 
I'm guessing/hoping this was from the GP and not the OB/GYN doc!
Also, depending on the clinic abnormal labs are usually called in by the staff or a nurse and not the doctor.
(I blame Chico)
marx-brothers-a-day-at-the-races_04.jpg
 
I'm guessing/hoping this was from the GP and not the OB/GYN doc!
Also, depending on the clinic abnormal labs are usually called in by the staff or a nurse and not the doctor.

Yeah, it was the GP. They called her last week and told her something was off so they had her go back this week for more blood work. And then she called me in a panic and I told her to set up an appointment or go to the ER and I'd meet her wherever. When she called the doctor's office to see if she could get in she told her that she called her OB/GYN to see what she should do, and the doctor was like "Oh, in that case you're within the normal range."

I guess I needed a half-hour freakout to liven up the day.
 
Dickbrains.

That would illicit a classic OGG verbal smack down. Somebody would be in tears before I was done.
 
I knew I was going to get unsolicited medical advice when I posted this.

She tested positive for a high white blood cell count for a regular adult, which they thought was indicative of an infection. They didn't take into account that she's in the second trimester of her pregnancy. The test was not related to her pregnancy.
 
Last edited:
I knew I was going to get unsolicited medical advice when I posted this.

She tested positive for a high white blood cell count for a regular adult, which they thought was indicative of an infection. They didn't take into account that she's in the second trimester of her pregnancy. The test was not related to her pregnancy.
Gotcha.

My wife's prego in her second trimester, too (spawn #2 is a girl), so she was just trying to figure out what it could possibly have been.
 
Gotcha.

My wife's prego in her second trimester, too (spawn #2 is a girl), so she was just trying to figure out what it could possibly have been.

Sorry if I came off a little defensive - I just don't usually post personal stuff and I had to think awhile before I even hit post on the initial post.
 
Sorry if I came off a little defensive - I just don't usually post personal stuff and I had to think awhile before I even hit post on the initial post.
It's OK. LOL You should see any thread that asks about medical advice over on HardForum.com. First response is almost always:

its-not-lupus.jpg
 
Back
Top