GPOTD Guitar Pic of the Day - 11.09.10

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
128400341-front-l.jpg

128400341-detail5-l.jpg

128400341-detail1-l.jpg

128400341-detail7-l.jpg


Gibson Les Paul Standard 08 Plus at a Glance:
Stunning Figured Maple Top
Even More Comfortable Neck Shape
BurstBuckers for That Classic LP Sound
The Latest in Potentiometer Design
State-of-the-art Plek treatment
Gorgeous Down to the Details

Stunning Figured Maple Top
Thanks to its figured maple top, the Les Paul Standard 08 Plus is nothing short of eye-catching. Plus, it's available with a variety of different finishes so you can find the Gibson beauty that matches your style.

Even More Comfortable Neck Shape
Gibson has offered a variety of different neck shapes on its Les Paul Standards, but with the Les Paul Standard 08 Plus they reach an entirely new level. Its new asymmetrical neck shape was designed expressly for a hand to just "fit" around it, allowing for an even more comfortable, more natural playing experience.

BurstBuckers for That Classic LP Sound
It wouldn't be a Les Paul without that big, fat, smoky humbucker sound! While the Les Paul Standard sees improvements in its appearance, its feel, and its details, the Les Paul Standard 08 Plus retains that epic BurstBucker tone. This baby's equipped with two huge-sounding BurstBucker Pro pickups, complete with hot Alnico V magnets wound to Vintage specs.

The Latest in Potentiometer Design
The Les Paul Standard 08 Plus features all-new Pots, custom-made by Bourns. These gold-plated potentiometers were designed from the ground up for precision and highly reliable performance.

State-of-the-art Plek treatment
All Les Paul Standard 08 Plus guitars receive state-of-the-art treatment using Gibson's new Plek machines. The system mechanically dresses each guitar under true playing conditions, identifying what the guitar needs to achieve flawless fretwork. Every Les Paul Standard 08 Plus boasts perfect intonation, buzz-free performance, and a personalized setup.

Gorgeous Down to the Details
Gibson paid attention to all the details when outfitting the new Les Paul Standard 08 Plus. You'll secure your sound - and your axe! - with its locking Tune-O-Matic bridge, locking tailpiece, and locking Grover Tuners. Plus, the Les Paul Standard 08 Plus comes with its own black case that features a stylish snakeskin design.

Gibson Les Paul Standard 08 Plus Features:
Finish: Light Burst
Top: Figured Maple
Body: Chambered Mahogany
Neck: New Asymmetrical Shape
Pickups: BurstBucker Pro with Alnico V Magnets, Wound to Vintage Specs
Controls: All new Bourns Gold-plated Potentiometers
Bridge: Tone Pros Locking Nashvlle Tune-O-Matic
Tailpiece: Tone Pros Locking
Tuners: Locking Grover
Setup: Plek Machine
Included Case: Black Snakeskin

$2699


Here's one for our new Gibson overlords that might not suck. :tongue:
 
I like it. I've only played one new Standard, and it played and sounded great. I'd prefer it in a honeyburst, though.
 
I really, really like that.

Would prefer a tobacco burst finish, but wouldn't kick that one out of bed if it played nice.

I'd haggle on the price, though.
I bet you if I had $1899 in hand, they'd take it.
 
says the forum owner with two improperly built ones. :embarrassed:

The "impropriety" of my guitars build quality has not proven to be an issue in several hundred gigs with the two instruments. Granted, Gibson is doing some things better but I'm not trading either of my instruments for a new one.

The '79 is KILLER with the p90's, btw...
 
The "impropriety" of my guitars build quality has not proven to be an issue in several hundred gigs with the two instruments. Granted, Gibson is doing some things better but I'm not trading either of my instruments for a new one.

The '79 is KILLER with the p90's, btw...

it's only a matter of time. :tongue:

now's the part of the thread about The Paul that i get to say, "i told you so." glad you like it. :thu:
 
I'd prefer a plain top, but not bad. Except the price.....no way I would pay that....

Ye old like-o-meter

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
_______^________
 
now's the part of the thread about The Paul that i get to say, "i told you so." glad you like it. :thu:

I'm always sketchy about replacing pickups. You never know how they;'re going to turn out. And I had never heard a BG pickup in person before. I can't wait to do some recording this afternoon....
 
I'm always sketchy about replacing pickups. You never know how they;'re going to turn out. And I had never heard a BG pickup in person before. I can't wait to do some recording this afternoon....

i haven't either. but from talking to Bryan about some other projects, it was clear that he's got the P-90 down cold.
 
Back
Top