Guitar Instructor notes for "Foundations" - a work in progress

I don't require the flash drives but many of my students bring them.

on my old PC it would automatically start an Adobe Photo studio program that would catalog any images on a and new flash drive that was found.

Once one of my students in his mid 50's forgot about the naked pictures of his wife that were on his drive :embarrassed:
 
I don't require the flash drives but many of my students bring them.

on my old PC it would automatically start an Adobe Photo studio program that would catalog any images on a and new flash drive that was found.

Once one of my students in his mid 50's forgot about the naked pictures of his wife that were on his drive :embarrassed:

Ctrl-S or Alt-F4? :embarrassed:
 

image.php
 
Hey Mark,

If you start the G Major scale on fret 3, low E string and proceed thru positions 4,5,1,2, & 3: where do we start A, B, C, D, E, & F major scales. Also, what is the position sequence.

Thanks, Michael
 
Hey Mark,

If you start the G Major scale on fret 3, low E string and proceed thru positions 4,5,1,2, & 3: where do we start A, B, C, D, E, & F major scales. Also, what is the position sequence.

Thanks, Michael

Do you have time to catch my webcast tomorrow night? I'll actually go over the whole thing and I think you'll have an easier time getting it that way...
 
Ok... I have Foundations and I have an 8yr old eager to learn. (thanks to guitar hero)

I picked him up a Mini-Strat when he was 4 and he has one of my little combo practice amps.

So far I have just showed him E, A and B on the second fret. also a one string major scale for him to goof around with.

Last night I heard him trying to get Master Of Puppets going... (just the opening chords).

So... should I start on page 19? or should I take a different approach with him?
 
Ok... I have Foundations and I have an 8yr old eager to learn. (thanks to guitar hero)

I picked him up a Mini-Strat when he was 4 and he has one of my little combo practice amps.

So far I have just showed him E, A and B on the second fret. also a one string major scale for him to goof around with.

Last night I heard him trying to get Master Of Puppets going... (just the opening chords).

So... should I start on page 19? or should I take a different approach with him?

Have him try the chord stuff from page 19 and on and see if he can hang....if he can then he should be able to slowly work through much of the book and you can supplement him with songs to keep it fun. Having said that, my book can have mixed results with kids under 10 so if he's struggling with it you can try the Alfreds Kids Guitar Method and see if that works better....:)
 
Back
Top