Country Recordingfest REVEAL!!!

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I think I have everyone's entry on here...if I forgot something or there is a broken link please let me know!

Prages:


One Less Set of Footsteps - Jim Croce:



Fast As You - Dwight Yoakam:



mp3
http://www.thewindtunnel.com/Coverfest/FastAsYou%20%28master%29.mp3


Country Roads:


mp3
http://www.thewindtunnel.com/Coverfest/CountryRoads (master).mp3

Johnny N

Blues Man http://hc.bloodyvelvet.com/files/209/Blues Man 1.mp3

Randols

It Ain't Easy
http://www.markweinguitarlessons.com/countryfest/It%20Ain't%20Easy.mp3

Tear Stained Eye
http://www.markweinguitarlessons.com/countryfest/Tear Stained Eye.mp3

Kerouac:

Things the Grand Children Should Know http://andymclain.com/mp3s/Things The Grandchildren Should Know.mp3

Dew Knot Hump

Big in Vegas http://www.markweinguitarlessons.com/countryfest/vegas.mp3

Hey Marty http://www.markweinguitarlessons.com/countryfest/hey marty master level.mp3

Bernie Franks

"Bury Me Not"

"I Wish My Baby Was Born"

"Wild Bill Jones"

Waiting for the Times to Get Better

Emmaporkchop

Long Drive
http://www.markweinguitarlessons.com/countryfest/Long Drive.mp3

Country Type Instrumental
http://www.markweinguitarlessons.com/countryfest/01 Country Type Instrumental.mp3

Denver Dave

River Of Love - by T-Bone Burnette (alt-country)
http://hc.bloodyvelvet.com/files/253...0Of%20Love.mp3

Ready For The Storm - Dougie MacLean (celtic folk)
http://hc.bloodyvelvet.com/files/253...he%20Storm.mp3

rsadasiv

Hot Mama, by Trace Adkins

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9005727

davearonow


http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=982416

Gary Blanchard


Long Black Veil - http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=13

Ring Of Fire - http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=12

Hey Good Lookin' - http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=14

Sixteen Tons - http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=15

Rainbow Time - http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=16

Sir JJ Pistols;

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8225454

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6484923

New addition!

Pyschotronic:


http://www.markweinguitarlessons.com/countryfest/psychotronicfish.mp3

diceman1000


Train To Birmingham by John Hiatt performed in the style of Cross Canadian Ragweed

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iIOGuWbnTj4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iIOGuWbnTj4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Mexican Sky written by Scott Evans and recorded by Cross Canadian Ragweed

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QaI5vqCpb9c&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QaI5vqCpb9c&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see mine and none of Prages seem to be showing up. :shrug:

I'll check back in the morning. Sorry I couldn't come through with another one. :(
 
dew knot hump hey marty: really rock'n there, enjoyed listening, liked the picken style you had going there
 
Here is a link to my country band.

Im not sure what the rules are. I just play bass and sing backups in this band so I am probably not elligable, with this entry, but I have a bunch of other stuff, guess I will have to enter it all next time.

Good luck to everyone that entered. I am going to listen to everything later today.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=982416
It's not so much a competition as just a chance for everybody to flex their recording muscles. It's each member or groupls of members picking a genre and then they each take the time to do their own recordings, not so much of band performances, but of them trying to do their best, and then the other people on the forum get to listen to them and do some critiquing and such. Very good natured and helpful to get everybody practised up at being able to do their own recordings as well as polish up on their playing and singing abilities.
 
Cool! I've added your submissions to the OP.

Here is a link to my country band.

Im not sure what the rules are. I just play bass and sing backups in this band so I am probably not elligable, with this entry, but I have a bunch of other stuff, guess I will have to enter it all next time.

Good luck to everyone that entered. I am going to listen to everything later today.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=982416



 
Thanks. Now I have to call Hughes net and find out what happened last night. The modem was not getting power; this morning it is working. :confused:
 
Music videos.....isn't that cheating.....:annoyed:

:grin:

Actually, they are the only ones I can listen to at work....
 
It's not so much a competition as just a chance for everybody to flex their recording muscles. It's each member or groupls of members picking a genre and then they each take the time to do their own recordings, not so much of band performances, but of them trying to do their best, and then the other people on the forum get to listen to them and do some critiquing and such. Very good natured and helpful to get everybody practised up at being able to do their own recordings as well as polish up on their playing and singing abilities.

Oh. Ok. This sounds really cool. I cant wait to hear everyone's stuff.

Here is a video we did on the cheap about a couple years ago for anyone interested...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=51210351

[video]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=51210351[/video]
 
Last edited:
Once again, WOW! :thu: You guys are awesome.

Prages - I loved the video work and really loved the arrangement of Country Roads. My second wife's family lived on the Western Maryland/West Virginia border and constantly asked me to sing that song. :grin: I love the sound of that Fender acoustic.

Johhny N - That song was fantastic and I loved the interplay of instruments and vocals.

Randols - A great job. I loved both of those songs.

Kerouac - That was a neat song and very well done. I love your style.

Dew Not Hump - I could say I heard some Garcia in the tracks, but I won't go there. :wink: Both tunes were well arranged and performed. Pretty good country for a Chicagoan. :grin:

Bernie Frank - Bury Me Not blew me away. The arrangement was one of the best I've heard and the vocals were eveocative. I was happy to hear another banjo player here, too.

Emmaporkchop - I loved the playing and the sound.

DenverDave - I loved both songs. Nice arrangement and performance.

Rsadasiv - Hot Momma was, well, hot. Great job.

Dave Aranow - I have to go back and give all the cuts a full listen. Great stuff!

My father was a country music fan; you guys brought back some great memories. :hippie:
 
Prages - Those are great. I especially love the Croce and Denver; they remind me of my youth--both were staples on my parents' turntables. I'm loving the whole video kick you're on too.
 
So far I've only listened to Bernie's stuff. Amazing, loved it, especially I Wish My Baby Was Born.

EDIT: Shit, I can't stop listening to these. I've played the first two at least 3 times in a row each. This is incredible stuff.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top