Confession: I have never owned or even played through a Tube Screamer.

I’ve never owned one and can’t remember ever playing through one. I thought I had, my old bass player had an old green Ibanez distortion pedal that I used on a few gigs we played back in the mid 90s. When I went to his place a few years ago, we went and jammed and he had his pedals out. Turns out it was a Sonic Distortion.
 
Hmmm....

My bud had one from 1980. Sorry guys but it was a fantastic boost on stage. Yeah I've heard some sorry ones but get a Keeley mod and its cool. And yes, its a boost, not an amp simulator or distortion.
 
I had one for a little while. As a stand alone OD pedal....I’d give it a solid meh.
In front of a dirty amp it’s more useful. But in today’s market there are lots of pedals that do the tube screamer thing better.
 
I had an early one in 1982. I bet it would be worth a little more by now.
I have no interest in owning one now.
 
Back
Top