COFFEE! What’s everyone’s bean of the month?

DinoMikeSr

I have the box
I’ve been grinding 8 o’clock coffee beans for the last couple of months with a bag of Death Wish and Valhalla Java. Still take it black and strong. Looking for something to try. What’s your bean?
 
I’ve backed off daily caffeine. I allow myself the real stuff, no more than once a week.

My favorite bean is Boyer’s, Rocky Mountain Thunder. When the store is out of stock of the big bags, I go with a big bag of whole bean, Eight O’Clock, Dark Italian Espresso.
 
I normally buy a two-pound bag of the local stuff (Just Coffee Cooperative Bike Fuel) at Costco but I checked out one they had from a roaster in Kansas City - Mother Earth Organic Medium Roast. I'm liking it fine so far. I believe it's always best to occasionally try something different.
 
Just the decaf at the local cafe. I can’t handle caffeine and even most decaf coffee contains enough caffeine to cause me trouble. I found one that works and that’s usually all that I drink.
 
Colombia Caicdeo Ruben Dario Gomez
Fragrant sweetness accented by bracingly bright acidity that has lime-like dimension. Opens up to aromatic notes of black tea, candied lemon rind, honey-sweet finish, and pleasantly tannic mouthfeel

Roasted to city+ this past Tuesday.
Roast weekly so this will probably be gone mid-next week.
 
I have a local brand I like. Since my wife prefers flavored stuff, I get that for her. Since it’s already not up to my snobby pallet, I’ve started putting cream and sometimes even sugar. It’s fucking rad.
 
15% off, got a bag of each. I really like Valhalla Java. Espresso roast will be new.
IMG_6048.jpeg

IMG_6047.jpeg
 
Colombia Caicdeo Ruben Dario Gomez
Fragrant sweetness accented by bracingly bright acidity that has lime-like dimension. Opens up to aromatic notes of black tea, candied lemon rind, honey-sweet finish, and pleasantly tannic mouthfeel

Roasted to city+ this past Tuesday.
Roast weekly so this will probably be gone mid-next week.
Do they have an on line store?
 
Today Kenya Othaya Gura AA is on deck.
Shows best in the medium-to-dark roasts, sweetness is well developed, with aspects of raw sugar, dried fruit, dark chocolate, and cedar. Also a Kenya worth considering for espresso. City+ to Full City+. Good for espresso.
 
Every once in a while I'll get some fancy beans if I have the opportunity and grind 'em up at home but when it comes to coffee I'm a basic bitch and I usually get the Dunkin' regular blend ground coffee at the supermarket, it does me just fine.
 
There's a local roaster here in Ohio, Bent Tree Coffee, that has a collaboration with the pedal company Earthquaker Devices, also based in the area. Their "Earthquaker Blend" is my usual go-to roast.
 
Good while back someone here show a brand they were involved with and I ordered a bag. It was good. Can’t remember beyond that.
 
Strangely enough this post about nice roasts contains a pretty lame roast of the White Sox.
At least it was factually accurate. I like this one too. Unlike the White Sox it’s a fundamentally sound roast that has a high WAR and is a winner more than 21 percent of the time.
IMG_2997.png
 
Last edited:
I bought a 3 lb bag of Costco Columbian beans. Haven't tried it yet since my hand grinder is still at the old house and the electric grinder apparently is hiding in a box somewhere.
 
Back
Top