Chromebook Pixel Review.

I bought a cheap-ass Chromebook a couple of years ago (by mistake) and even at $200+ bucks it was a rip-off. You can only use Google apps and I could never hook it to my printer. I now use it primarily to check email at home.
 
In terms of functionality, an iPad is vastly preferable to a chromebook. I actually have two -- one I bought for about $220 three years ago and one we inherited from my mother-in-law. Since work gave me an iPad, I no longer use them at all. However, windows laptops pretty uniformly suck, too. They tend to run hot, get bloated with obnoxious spamware and other crap that slows them down to a crawl. Windows 8 is no panacea...
 
A buddy of mine bought some kind of chrome book mainly for his kids to play on. they brought it over one night and tried to use it and it just flat out sucked. I don't think he has opened it up since.
 
Back
Top