Help! Best music subscription?

Best premium music streaming service

  • Apple Music

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Amazon Unlimited

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YouTube

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spotify

    Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Pandora

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other? (please specify in response)

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    8
Apple pays artists more than Spotify...but streaming services are the newest way the distributors of money have figured out how to not give artists/creators their fair share of money earned or made through their labor/craft. In fact, it screws them more than any other previous distribution methods. As such I still try to buy fullalbums/CDs from artists that I listen to, even though most of listening is done via my iphone.

My work replaced an original iphone x with an 11 for me (near the end of 2020 or beginning of 2021...time has never been more of a construct) and ever since then Amazon Prime music hasn't worked with any consistency. In addition to often stopping its play of music due to any notifications coming in on the phone (never an issue previously), it'll stop playing a song in the middle of listening to it for no reason...can't think of it not happening anytime in months.

That said, since getting an ipod when they were a thing, I can't imagine using any service where I can't select from and control the exact album and cuts I want to hear whenever I want to hear them.

Well you can certainly select and control albums/cuts from both Apple and Spotify. As far as artists getting paid, well one door closes and another opens. It seems totally legit now to sell additional content on Bandcamp, to profit from youtube, to even be in commercials (I just saw a Ram Truck commercial featuring Dave Grohl) there is a whole world of marketability available now that wasn't accepted or even in the cards before.....multitasking is the new black.
 
I use Pandora free. Set up some stations and it suggests similar songs. For a gig, I would make a complete setlist on YouTube. I had to buy a cheap CD player cause my car only has a flash drive. You can fit a lot on 32 gigs.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
 
I use Amazon music because it’s only $7.99 for Prime subscribers. And it already has lossless streaming for albums the record labels have provided lossless files for.
 
Back
Top