Band options.

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
So I put an ad up on Craigslist and for a change I've gotten a TON of responses. I even got an offer from an established band who owns their own bus and does weekend tours. Weekend tours are a mix of covers and originals, local shows are originals. I'm still waiting to get their list of cover songs, but they asked if I wanted to come meet them and check out their new stuff (they're recording a demo) and see how it goes. They'd need me on bass and it's a supposedly alt.country project.

I also found an ad for a post-hardcore band and even though I know you guys aren't fans, I do really dig a lot of the genre and that's the style of band I always wanted to be in. I want to send the guy an email, but I've been holding off until I find out what the deal with the touring band is. This would be a pretty fun gig, but also challenging because I don't play that style as much anymore and I'd need to put in some serious time making sure my chugga-chuggas were clean.

Last option are more responses to the ad I put up, looking for an alt.country band with indie influences. I've gotten 7 emails about that one, with two of them being right down the road from me. This would probably be the most artistically fulfilling way to go, but it'll be a lot more work.

Oh and a friend of a friend has a house near campus with all the necessary gear and wants to start a punk band. I guess that could be an option too. :shrug:

Option #5 would be to keep writing songs and letting you guys hear them and not much else. :embarrassed:
 
As much as I hate shitcore music, if that's what you'd have the most fun doing, go with that one. The bus one seems pretty badass too though.
 
Option 6 - Audition all the bands and see if it is worth the trouble. If all of them are crap and a no go, go back to option 5.
 
okay, so that's option 7.
so try option 6, 7 can be a fallback.
from which you can fall back to 5.

what kinda punk we talkin'?

I'd check out the bus band, see whatcha think.

can you give me some idea exactly what alt-country is?
like Angry Johnny and the Killbillies?
(check out their "What's So Funny?" album, awesome stuff)
if it's like that at all, I'd go that route, and do the punk thing on the side.

and continue optuin 5 along with everything else.


what?
you never said anything about wanting free time...:wink:
 
The bus one sounds pretty sweet.

I've just e-mailed a top notch corp band that need a drummer. I've always been a bit wary of drumming in a band even though I've sat in before. I guess I've always just seen myself as a guitar player since that's what I've done in all of the bands I've been in but I've played the drums just as long as guitar and I probably spend more time drumming these days than playing my guitar so what the helll eh?
 
I say option 5, that way you don't ever need to leave the house except for grocery's...unless you have a delivery service then you don't need to leave at all
 
I say option 5, that way you don't ever need to leave the house except for grocery's...unless you have a delivery service then you don't need to leave at all

Well, I still gotta go teach, but the grocery store is right down the street so I could minimize trips. :embarrassed:
 
Back
Top