Dig it! Awesome version of Sultans of Swing

My dad I were just talking about Tommy the other day. There's this vid from a tour he did with Sylvain Luc and some other guy. ACcording to comments from attendees to some of the dates Sylvain who's a a monster is also very aware and full of his mastery of the guitar. Tommy and other guy were having fun and Sylvain seems to come out and start trying to outdo them and their loose off the cuff shenanigans. You almost get the sense that he's mocking them. But Tommy clearly doesn't care because he's just loving playing and ENJOYING it, just as he's doing here. As are all they all...great stuff.
 
Where do the vocals come in? :embarrassed:

I had the same thought with the Nobody's Fault But Mine clip in the JPJ w/ Dave Rawlings Machine. Here it was a given, but I thought Nuno or Paul might have taken a stab at singing the tune. I think John sings, but maybe not in an appropriately Knopfler-esque manner?
 
I had the same thought with the Nobody's Fault But Mine clip in the JPJ w/ Dave Rawlings Machine. Here it was a given, but I thought Nuno or Paul might have taken a stab at singing the tune. I think John sings, but maybe not in an appropriately Knopfler-esque manner?

Yes John does sing on a few of his tunes on the solo albums I own.
 
Exquisite playing, but a bit over the top for me. Part of Marks appeal is his ability to say more with fewer notes. That aspect was kind of lost in this version, to me anyway.
 
That was pretty good.

Why was Nick Nolte playing that hideously ugly strat?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top