Andrew Eldritch Appreciation Thread

So while I was in Germany...uh, several years back, when I would hit the record stores, I would see SoM albums. I had guessed they were pretty hot in Europe, but never took the plunge myself.

After I got back home, this tune grabbed my attention:




I think having Jim Steinman's mitts are all over it kinds adds a bit of Steinman-esque overkill, but it still kicks major ass, especially when the guitars kick in around the 1:50 mark electricguitar054
 
So while I was in Germany...uh, several years back, when I would hit the record stores, I would see SoM albums. I had guessed they were pretty hot in Europe, but never took the plunge myself.

After I got back home, this tune grabbed my attention:




I think having Jim Steinman's mitts are all over it kinds adds a bit of Steinman-esque overkill, but it still kicks major ass, especially when the guitars kick in around the 1:50 mark electricguitar054

Unlike the Legion of Sisters Purists, I liked the Vision Thing album. That song ("More") in particular was a great track. I have the CD single of it that came in a 12" vinyl record sleeve that folds out. Pretty cool.

Most Sisters elitists disown the post Hussey/Adams/Hinkler stuff. I still appreciate the later stuff.

The Mission UK was a far superior band though in every conceivable way. I saw Eldritch touring with the SoM name a few years ago. Just him and two kids playing superstrats too backing tracks. $60 for GM tix at HOB. Worst show I have ever seen. Ever. I was actually angry because it was so bad.
 
Unlike the Legion of Sisters Purists, I liked the Vision Thing album. That song ("More") in particular was a great track. I have the CD single of it that came in a 12" vinyl record sleeve that folds out. Pretty cool.

Most Sisters elitists disown the post Hussey/Adams/Hinkler stuff. I still appreciate the later stuff.

The Mission UK was a far superior band though in every conceivable way. I saw Eldritch touring with the SoM name a few years ago. Just him and two kids playing superstrats too backing tracks. $60 for GM tix at HOB. Worst show I have ever seen. Ever. I was actually angry because it was so bad.


I think you may have mentioned that show here :wink:
 
  • Like
Reactions: OGG
Back
Top