GPOTD 8.14.12

I dig it, but a different finish would be better. I notice the strap peg on the upper horn. Big plus. EG, didja notice?
 
Those are great guitars. I had the successor to this guitar, the AS-120 Artstar, and it was a nice instrument. I bet this guitar has Super 58 pickups like my AS-120 had. If it weren't for the fact that I'm all 335ed out (which is why I sold my AS-120), I'd buy it.

Iirc, there was a time when Ibanez had 80, 120, and 200 models in the line.
 
The jack placement is silly. My Hofner has it on the side as it should be. I can't understand that placement on the front. Just seems lazy to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
The jack placement is silly. My Hofner has it on the side as it should be. I can't understand that placement on the front. Just seems lazy to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Gibson put it on the front. so everybody else put it on the front. otherwise people complain that it looks weird. personally, it doesn't matter to me.
 
I dig it, but a different finish would be better. I notice the strap peg on the upper horn. Big plus. EG, didja notice?

No, I didn't. That's a plus, but not enough.
THis is semi hollow anyway, right? Not interested in half measures. :grin: Go hollow or go home, bitch!
 
You can't bean the price, but yeah, that shipping is outrageous. Too bad, I'd buy it right now.
 
I shipped a guitar on Saturday, much smaller and lighter than this, with a gig bag and not a hard case, in a standard solid-body-size box, UPS ground, from DC to TX, and it was $68. Just saying that $65 for shipping is not unreasonable.

This box will be larger and heavier.
 
Because you went through UPS. UPS is always much higher than the post office. That would have cost you 25 through the USPS. I ship out a couple guitars a month, and I refuse to do any of it through UPS because of their prices and their handling of merchandise. They charge 2-3 times more, and kick it around the block before delivering it.
 
The jack placement is silly. My Hofner has it on the side as it should be. I can't understand that placement on the front. Just seems lazy to me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Silly Swedes don't realize that Gibson did it that way and there should be no deviation. !!!
 
I'm just afraid I'd rip the port out flailing around like a rock star. :tongue:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
 
Back
Top