GPOTD 7.29.21

tiger roach

Urban Bovine Knievel
cukgxa3pt4fduyskl78b.jpg

hkvcvd15natg9hz6d886.jpg



Harmony Juno Electric Guitar (with Gig Bag), Rose

The Juno is what Harmony imagines small body guitars to be - compact yet capable of powerful sound. Its genuine mahogany body is lightweight, perfectly balanced and comfortable in the hands of any musician.

Crafted with a pair of hand-wound gold foil P90 pickups, the Juno offers warm and rich harmonics that roar with an attitude once you push this wonderful guitar into overdrive. A push/pull Master Volume pot adds even more tonal versatility - just pull it up to recreate the effect of a rolled-off tone knob.

Features:
Mahogany body and neck - Rich, warm tone with focused midrange
Ebony fretboard - Dark color, tight grain; premium fretboard wood
Custom gold foil P90 pickups - Raw tone with midrange bite
Nitrocellulose lacquer finish - Ultra-thin, strong gloss; preserves natural tone

https://reverb.com/item/40884578-ha...9.T6M2jDrO0J5KpR9hQP2WA3rqQO2t6YdSLDu1EqMBqVk
 
Very cool. I'm a big enough fella that I've got to worry about looking silly with a tiny li'l guitar like that.
 
Last time I spoke to Pete Farmer, the head luthier at Heritage/Harmony, I suggested that he try to target the female guitarist market. This may have been a step in that direction. I'm not a big fan of the Juno, but I can see where it would work well for some people. I recently bought a used Harmony Rebel, and I really, really like that guitar. It feels great and is only about 6.5 pounds. I don't see the point in buying an SG after using that for a practice. The pickups are handwound in the USA for Harmony using Alnico 3 magnets. They sound awesome and can go from chimes to growls very quickly. I'm very impressed with the new Harmony line.
 
I think that’s a case of silly self-conscious about the body. People don’t look silly playing the violin, mandolin, ukulele, et cetera. If you like it, then own it. :shrug:
I think Freddie King looks silly on his little bitty gold top, and he's about as cool as it gets. It's just an aesthetic matter for me.
 
I super wanted one of these when they first were announced and finagled to get one. Loved the looks and the sounds on demos. And then I was lucky enough to play one before I placed an order and the body size just made for an awkward sitting and playing situation—which was the opposite of what I expected.

Wound up getting one of these instead.

270786EA-1058-41CD-B171-B81D839E2EE2.jpeg


The Harmony is a nice guitar and it sounded great. Just wasn’t for me.
 
My first electric guitar was a Harmony. It was a giant piece of shit. I realize this is just the brand name on a new import made in a different factory than the import Harmony I had, but something about the name just makes me shudder and not want to own one. I don't hate the look of this guitar, but I wouldn't buy one as it would bother the hell out of me.
 
I find that appealing, only if the flag on it is removable. It does seem odd to take a brand name that is associated with cheap import guitars and to try to make it a boutique brand. It reminds me of Black Diamond strings, which were the pits back in the 60s; you only bought them if you couldn't get to a store that sold better strings. and your fingers were black when you were done playing.
 
Back
Top