GPOTD 12.11.12

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
rick_vito_14348_lg1.jpg

rick_vito_14348_lg2.jpg

rick_vito_14348_lg3.jpg


Brand: Reverend
Model: Rick Vito Signature
Signature: Rick Vito
Finish Color: Deep Sea Blue
Weight: 7.48 lbs.
Body Wood: Korina
Neck Wood: 1-Piece Korina
Neck Shape: Medium Oval
Fingerboard: Ebony
Fingerboard Radius: 12"
Inlays: Pearloid Block
Scale Length: 24 3/4"
Width at Nut: 1 11/16"
Frets: 22 Jumbo
Pickups: Reverend P90 (neck), Reverend Dual-Pro (bridge)
Controls: Volume, Tone and Bass Contour, Pickup Pan Knob
Bridge: Tune-o-Matic Bridge with Stoptail
Tuners: Pin-Lock with Stairstep Buttons
Case: Hardshell Case

$1,428.00
 
Ahhhh, I din't know. I think Reverends are pretty cool (I still regret getting rid of my Club King HB), but the Rick Vito really deosn't do much for me.
 
is an MIK instrument worth $1400?

$1,400 is higher than the normal street price. I guessing this is a Wildwood guitar. It's a little more do to the ebony fretboard and a couple of other features. They are really sweet guitars, I wish I had one.
 
question still stands.

$1,299.00 is the normal street price, it's there best selling guitar so someone thinks it's worth it. I'm not sure why MIK is a bad thing, it allows money to be put into materials and components instead of labor. If it was made here the exact same guitar would cost much, much more, and it wouldn't be of any higher quality.
 
It's my favorite style they do. I still haven't played one, though.

They are expensive compared to other MIK guitars, but they're not really like most MIK guitars.
 
I have no problem with MIK. I actually like this a lot. It's a little pricey. Maybe at $800 this would be a deal, but not 1300.
 
I'm diggin it! :thu:
It's got a nice balance of tradition, innovation and WTH?messedup0

The center block is wierd, but I like that Art Deco feel, reminds me of the National New Yorker.
The pickups and controls are awsome, I wouldn't change a thing there.
Headstocks are ugly, this is no exception :shrug:
As for the price, I think almost all GPOTD submissions are overpriced.
 
I like Revs, but aesthetically it is awful. I'm sure it plays and sounds nice, though.

For the money, I'd just as soon save a few hundy and get a different Rev.
 
$1,400 is higher than the normal street price. I guessing this is a Wildwood guitar. It's a little more do to the ebony fretboard and a couple of other features. They are really sweet guitars, I wish I had one.

Plus Wildwood sells every Reverend with a Reverend hard shell case. Most store do not so that tacks $100 - $125 per guitar on to the price.

I have to admit that is one Reverend that does nothing for me. If I played one it might change my mind, but the aesthetic is not my thing.
 
Back
Top