GPOTD 06.27.13

Kerouac

weird musical dildo
17562_Fender_Custom_Double-Neck_Mandolin_Esquire_R65004_a.jpg

17562_Fender_Custom_Double-Neck_Mandolin_Esquire_R65004_b.jpg

17562_Fender_Custom_Double-Neck_Mandolin_Esquire_R65004_c.jpg

17562_Fender_Custom_Double-Neck_Mandolin_Esquire_R65004_1.jpg


Fender Custom Shop NAMM One Off - Masterbuilt Doubleneck Esquire and Mandolin


NAMM 2013 Show Piece
Masterbuilt by Dennis Galuszka
Coral Pink NOS Finish
Lightweight Ash Body
Mid '60s Style Oval "C" Shaped Maple Esquire Neck
Maple Mandolin Neck
Indian Rosewood Fretboards
25.5" Scale Length (Esquire Neck)
21 Vintage-Style Frets (Esquire Neck)
1.650" Nut Width (Esquire Neck)
Seymour Duncan Mandolin Pickup
'51 Nocaster Single-Coil Bridge Pickup
3-Way Pickup Switch
'51 Nocaster Bridge
Vintage-Style Tuners
Nickel Hardware
10lbs, 13oz.

Last but not least is the amazing leather-bound photo book that's included with the guitar, featuring behind-the-scenes photographs of the Doubleneck as it was handcrafted in the Custom Shop by Dennis. This instrument is yet another testament to the creativity and craftsmanship that we love to see come out of the Fender Custom Shop and the minds of its Masterbuilders.

$12,000
 
That's totally unique and cool. Not for me on about 12 different levels, but a really neat instrument.

And the fact that it's only 10 pounds is pretty impressive.
 
Make it a 12 string instead of a mandolin, and I'm in. Of course, one of you guys would have to spot me the 12 grand.
 
Ummmm...

I guess it isn't too bad looking for what it is. Double-necks always look like some kind of mutant spawn to me. The price is outrageous, I must say.
 
I think if I could play mando that would be cool! Tele sounds alternating with mando sounds seem to be a good match in my head.

EDIT: Oh, I see it is an Esquire and not a tele. I would want it to be a tele with a neck pickup.
 
Back
Top