GPOTD Tuesday, April 16 GPOTD

bsman

b00b

Epiphone Alex Lifeson Les Paul Custom Axcess

1713266945918.png

1713266974088.png

1713266993808.png

A Stunning, Versatile Les Paul Custom Made in Collaboration With the Rush Legend
In his work with Rush across several decades, Alex Lifeson has redefined the boundaries of progressive rock guitar with playing that soars beyond the drama and the bluster to reveal truly stunning virtuosity that has been praised and admired by fans—and players—of all stripes.

Created through extensive work with Alex Lifeson and Gibson, Epiphone's Alex Lifeson Les Paul Custom Axcess similarly redefines the boundaries of the classic Les Paul in an accessible, versatile package. This guitar carries all of the traditional tones that have made the Les Paul legendary, along with unprecedented levels of sonic and performance agility. The Alex Lifeson Les Paul Custom Axcess carries powerful Epiphone Ceramic Pro neck and ProBucker 3 bridge pickups with push/pull coil splitting on the volume controls, along with a Floyd Rose 1000 Series tremolo—the world's most efficient vibrato.

Along with all this, the Alex Lifeson Les Paul Custom Axcess still presents that timeless Les Paul look that has remained a classic for more than 60 years. A hardshell case is included.
  • Model: Alex Lifeson Les Paul Custom Axcess
  • Finish Color: Ruby
  • Finish Type: Gloss
  • Weight: 9.61 lbs.
  • Top Wood: AAAA Quilted Maple Veneer
  • Body Wood: Mahogany
  • Neck Wood: Mahogany
  • Neck Dimensions: .820 1st - .960 12th
  • Neck Profile: Rounded
  • Fingerboard Material: Ebony
  • Fingerboard Inlay: Large Blocks
  • Fingerboard Radius: 12"
  • Frets: 22 Medium Jumbo
  • Scale Length: 24.75"
  • Nut Width: 1.692"
  • Nut Material: Gold Floyd Rose R4 Locking Nut
  • Hardware: Gold
  • Pickups: Epiphone Ceramic Pro (Neck), Epiphone Probucker 3 (Bridge)
  • Controls: 2 Push/Pull Volume (Coil Split), 1 Push/Pull Neck Tone (Up Position Phase), 1 Standard Bridge Tone, 3-way Switch
  • Bridge: Floyd Rose 1000
  • Tuners: Grover Rotomatic
  • Binding: Mult-ply Top & Headstock, Single-ply Fretboard
  • Pickguard: None
  • Case: Black Hardshell

Not the Les Paul I’m looking for. Frankly, no one should look for it. It should lose our numbers.

As for “does it fuck,” I heard this was its last known location…

IMG_7403.jpeg

Not the Les Paul for me. I love Alex, and Rush, but I don't do Floyds and I'm not a fan of the finish.

Nope.

Fucks, but finished quickly and nobody else ever gets off. Probably gets played in a prog rock cover band.

On paper it's a great guitar for me but it didn't live up to the hype when I tried one of these a couple of months back. Could have been the amp though which was a Boss Katana combo of some description.

Back