Me, Bieber and Swift...

tstrahle

Noobie McNoob Noob
This just got leaked and I thought you all might get a kick out of it. I was called into the studio to replace Taylor Swifts guitars on a song that she and the Biebs wrote back in 2011. She just played a basic, Em, D/F# to C2 progression. I was told to do my thing with it. I also added a guitar solo to it (against my protestations - who puts guitar solos on pop tracks anymore?) - between me and Kuk Harrell the producer and Justin we wrote the solo you hear here. This was they day I first met JB. This recording is pretty much how it got left after the two days I was there - JB and Swift, me and a drum loop. The song was never fully produced out. I would've gotten cowriters, sadly though it never got finished and thus released. This video will probably get taken down.

My wife is an insatiable Swifty... so I've been told about every re-recording, every release date, all of the surprise songs at each concert, etc....

.... so I'm going to let her know about this. She's been suggesting there would be a collaboration album coming out soon, so maybe this it it. Either way, she'll be so excited if I actually shared something with her that none of her Swift tick-tock'ers or such have shared with her yet.

Thank you Tom. :baimun:

@tstrahle I’ve listened to this three times now…. That is such a tasty, excellent, solo.

Reminds me of the days when Schon would have a tasty solo in a pop song, or Lukather with Toto. Not just blowin’ smoke… it really is that tasty. :baimun:

Back