Dig it! Guitar Cab Project: FINISHED!

Knox in Box

Rustbelt refugee.
Decided to take the take the very sturdy cab from my Pearl amplifier, (which I ditched all the guts for) and make an oversized 1x12 open back cabinet. Traded the huge and heavy speaker for a Jensen. Great trade. Plugged the gap at the top with a board covered in black leather upholstery. And now made my own logo to make it look more like a "professional product". Used my own little ripoff/not ripoff name.

Letting the waterslide dry and then will hit it with some more lacquer.

IMG_20240404_105609.jpg

If anyone needs a translation, it means "More Sound" and wouldn't typically be a compound word, but it's German. We won the war, I'm making it that way...

Finished? I'm not too sure about the paisley fabric over the grill cloth and may order salt and pepper cloth on down the line, but it looks nice and clean for now. I still have a Custom 12 gauge amplifier housed in it (now facing backwards). I only use it as a powered speaker anyways for my Headrush.

IMG_20240405_075811.jpg

Maybe some black paisley?

Finished? I'm not too sure about the paisley fabric over the grill cloth and may order salt and pepper cloth on down the line, but it looks nice and clean for now. I still have a Custom 12 gauge amplifier housed in it (now facing backwards). I only use it as a powered speaker anyways for my Headrush.

View attachment 91783

Maybe some black paisley?
Black paisley sounds good. I think what's on there now would be better if all the white areas were black. I would try a black magic marker on a left over scrap and see if I liked it.

Jumped in head first and ordered some upholstery fabric for 15 bucks shipped over an Amazon shop and pulled the old grill cloth. I was afraid it would muddle the sound, but I was sure to buy one with low thread count and a decent weight that matched the typical grill cloths. Amp sounds the same and looks so much better. This will be staying as such. Good, durable fabric that looks the part.

IMG_20240417_090251.jpg

IMG_20240417_090421.jpg

Goddamn...... I was just about to type how fucking spectacular the paisley grill was.... and it's gone. :cry:

Back