Formula 1 2024

Another Max romp, but at least Perez was a little closer to Max this time. Amazing performance by Bearman! Maybe Sainz won't be ready by Australia and we'll get to see him again.

Perhaps the move for Sainz to Hamilton is premature.
Given Sainz performance last weekend, I think it may be a case of buyers remorse. At least Ferrari have finally built a genuinely quick car.

I know it's unlikely, but wouldn't it be cool if Sainz got the WDC this year?

I originally said that more because of Hamilton's performance that Sainz. The win last week only reinforces that Ferrari might (already) have better options that Hamilton. While Hamilton's retirement wasn't his fault, Russell has consistently outperformed him so far this year. For the record I like Hamilton as a driver.

Reactions: Tig
I agree that it seems that Hamilton has lost something this year. Normally he has the measure of his teammates. Then again maybe it's a case of senioritis, where he's not really motivated to put his all into a team he is about to leave. Perhaps he will prove us all wrong next year at Ferrari. If they can keep up the level of performance they've had this year, I think they have a real chance of catching Red Bull.

Sainz is going to Sauber, since it is becoming an Audi works team, and his Dad already has ties to Audi with the Dakar rally (which he won this year).
Seems Dad is closing the book on his Audi chapter and is running Mini T+1 in Portugal before he ultimately signs with Ford

I'll be very surprised if he doesn't land in a top team. There are rumors that he might end up at Red Bull, which makes sense, because Sainz is the only intrateam driver that has given Max real competition. Although now it appears Aston Martin may be more likely place for him to end up.

Lando Norris won his first Grand Prix! McLaren were very quick in race pace today. The timing of the safety car was lucky for him, but he also managed to hold off Verstappen at the restart. A well deserved victory for McLaren. I hope there are more to come soon.

Lando Norris won his first Grand Prix! McLaren were very quick in race pace today. The timing of the safety car was lucky for him, but he also managed to hold off Verstappen at the restart. A well deserved victory for McLaren. I hope there are more to come soon.

Max really wasn't that dominate for a change. While the timing of the SC probably cost him the race :shrug: it might have been a close thing. Lando was faster on the hard compound and LeClerc was able to say with Max even though he was on much older tires. The McLerens did look quick for much of the race. Here's hoping for more competitive races going forward

Reactions: Tig
Back