Deadpool

reverend1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Mrs. Rev and I went to see Deadpool last night. As some of you know I have never read comic books so the characters are all new to me. I have been enjoying all of the Marvel movies quite a bit. This one was a blast.

It's exactly what you think it will be, and it was great. It doesn't take itself seriously at all and is almost a send up of all the super hero movies to date.

I should add Mrs. Rev is a diehard DC snob and even she loved it.

Check it out if you like to have fun at the movies, skip it if you are one of those super critics that needs a movie to everything but fun.

I am hoping to get to the theater to see it. I usually take the kids to the superhero flicks, which is a good excuse to go, but I don't think they will be seeing this one.

I am hoping to get to the theater to see it. I usually take the kids to the superhero flicks, which is a good excuse to go, but I don't think they will be seeing this one.

I was surprised there were some very young kids there last night. It's a hard R for sure.

I was surprised there were some very young kids there last night. It's a hard R for sure.

Yeah, I am probably a little over cautious with movies. I just let them watch Man of Steel a few weeks ago and that was probably so I could take them to Batman V Superman when that comes out.

I saw Boogie Nights in the theater when it came out and there was a mother with 3 small kids. One of the other patrons went over and yelled at her for bringing them to that movie and then he gave her money to take them to something else.

Me and the missus have 2 free passes for the theater and were thinking of going to the Hateful Eight but were torn in whether it would be worth it.

Now I'm thinking we could go see this.

Saw it tonight with my 16 year old. I was not really aware it would be quite as hard an R as it was. But, he is a good kid and I don't think it will have twisted him too badly.

Funny stuff. So over the top it was ridiculous!

Holy shit what a good movie. The missus and I saw it last night and were in stitches the whole time.

Went to see it last night with Dr./Mrs. Flamencology.

I did very much enjoy it, but I think she liked it more.

Soft (extremely extremely soft) spoilers:

Highs: opening credits were brilliant
Lows: overlong origin
Ambivalent: Colossus
An... best Stan Lee cameo ever.

We did a double-feature and also went to see Hail, Caesar!, which is better and funnier, unless you are a terrible person with shitty taste who dislikes the Coens.

Last edited:
Watched it "somewhere" this weekend. It was great. It's like the movie equivalent of Zappa's music. While being a very real and wonderfully made movie, it was unafraid to mock everything about movies, the genre, and itself.

Back