Chicken and an egg: getting tight as a band without a singer

So, in the end it was the documentary about @OGG that helped me decide. He had a vision and put up with suffering to get there.

We can't find a singer, and the bass player's email of "Lets just jam at the next rehearsal" has gone unanswered by the drummer. The bass player lives an hour away, and wants to find a college-age singer closer to the big city. I'm almost 50 and I live on the edge of two CL zones (Boston and Worcester). He and I did discuss moving on with a different drummer.

While the project isn't officially dead, I think I'm going back to the other guitar player and I figuring out what to do, getting our shit together, and early next year shopping our talents.

I'm too old to play music I'm not 100% behind.

The best advice I can give you is that even though you might not want to sing, you may want to give it a go again. Just like the guitar it took time to reach a certain level. It will be the same with vocals but the catch is, you will not have the drama of a singer until you find one. It is already bad enough to deal with drama from the drummer and your thoughts are maybe to move on. You should do the same with the voice.

The best advice I can give you is that even though you might not want to sing, you may want to give it a go again. Just like the guitar it took time to reach a certain level. It will be the same with vocals but the catch is, you will not have the drama of a singer until you find one. It is already bad enough to deal with drama from the drummer and your thoughts are maybe to move on. You should do the same with the voice.

That's a bit where I'm leaning.

I think this current project is a bit dead. If I had the scratch, I'd take vocal lessons to get me going.

I think this current project is a bit dead. If I had the scratch, I'd take vocal lessons to get me going.

Don't let this project stop you. Find another drummer and go for! Besides you and the others can still continue to work while you are seeking a drummer.

That's the plan.

I've been making music with the other guitar player off and on for 30 years. Music will me made in some form or another.

Back