Backing Track Jam!

yeah it's just a quick pass I got to that point and ran out of ideas, I need some more work on it cop0

I'm using distortion and chorus with some reverb through a fender deluxe setting on my m-audio black box. nuttin fancy idn_smilie

rocklegend0407 said:
markwein said:
OK...here is my test pass..I'll probably do another one later over the whole thing with a shighly less crappy sound  :embarrassed:

http://www.markweinguitarlessons.com/soundfiles/wartsandallfunk.mp3

You always told me when I play to leave brakes so the rhthem can fill in...

Was that only for blues you suggested, because I didn't hear brakes in this...

Different "rules" for funk?

I especially told you that to get you used to playing coherent phrases in a more traditional blues sense...

Not really any rules for funk, but I wasn't really doing much more than yammering over the track to get a feel for what would work....theres quite a bit of crap in that take as I did a little trial and error...

thredlok said:
yeah it's just a quick pass I got to that point and ran out of ideas, I need some more work on it cop0

I'm using distortion and chorus with some reverb through a fender deluxe setting on my m-audio black box. nuttin fancy idn_smilie

Sounded fancy though

markwein said:
rocklegend0407 said:
markwein said:
OK...here is my test pass..I'll probably do another one later over the whole thing with a shighly less crappy sound  :embarrassed:

http://www.markweinguitarlessons.com/soundfiles/wartsandallfunk.mp3

You always told me when I play to leave brakes so the rhthem can fill in...

Was that only for blues you suggested, because I didn't hear brakes in this...

Different "rules" for funk?

I especially told you that to get you used to playing coherent phrases in a more traditional blues sense...

Not really any rules for funk, but I wasn't really doing much more than yammering over the track to get a feel for what would work....theres quite a bit of crap in that take as I did a little trial and error...

I kind of new that ther weren't rules, but ...

I don't know what I was trying to say...

How can I record over this funk track? I can record my own stuff and I 'm not sure how to do it over another mp3 file.  i want to be able to record at home rather than taking our lesson time to record...

Nice job guys.... here is my attempt a funk jam... I may give it another shot when I don't have 2 kids running between my legs while I am trying to record.

SaturdayFunk!

that's very kind of you to say...I'm trying to come up with something, with a little less clams biggrin

Back