Where are the old retired fart drummers?

Pine Apple Slim

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Just venting.
Ive been on the lookout since I moved here over 10 yrs ago, and they just aint around. They are either too busy, too much of a beater with no dynamics, or they just all around suck.
My best friend plays piano and organ, and I know several decent guitarists and/or bassists. But Im like one decent like minded drummer away from a just for fun band.
Somebody around my age who just wants to hang & jam once a week, maybe write some tunes, and play the occasional pool party or cookout. Mainly just play what we want and not worry about making any money.
I have the pa, practice space, and even a drum set, but no decent just for fun drummer
All the good ones are too busy gigging I guess.
I have hardware and software drums but I HATE them. So boring, plus Im too lazy to write parts.

I wouldn't care as long as they could keep a steady beat and be a good hang. No loading required, drums are here.
I'm just saying they're used up. Imagine any drummer you used to play with, and imagine him in old age. All the ones I call to mind won't make it to 60 living the drummer life.

I'm just saying they're used up. Imagine any drummer you used to play with, and imagine him in old age. All the ones I call to mind won't make it to 60 living the drummer life.
I guess you're right. I played with a few drummers back in high school when I was learning to play, but then I spent most of my life playing bluegrass and new acoustic music, so no drummers allowed. I kinda missed out on the whole bar/cover scene in my younger days. In the last 15 yrs or so Ive been is 3-4 bands with decent drummers. One who Im still friends with and would do it, but hes a hard hitting bar room rocker. He keeps excellent time but he hits way too hard (for my tastes) and struggles to lighten up enough to play more subtle music. Playing with him its always in the near 100 db range. Once we asked him to play with rods or brushes instead of sticks and he sounded the same, lol.

Last edited:
Back