Dig it! The Perpetual Pedalboard of the Day Thread

This has been my set up for a month or two now. Running TPS style wet dry into the. Carr Rambler and SF Bassman/Weber Cali 15, with the Bassman taking the “wet” side(Collider & Afterneath). The Karma into the blue side of the Protein is a good all purpose cleanish tone, hit that with the FF for more dirt, or with the Protien green side for thickness and sustain. Although much of the time FF is the only dirt I need. Using the Sp Cranker more by itself for just a good hit the amp hard OD sound, but it could function as a fine lead boost as well. The Hippo usually stays on vib for a bit o wobble. The Carr takes care of basic verb and trem, while the Collider provides delays and the Afterneath for ambient weirdness.
FF502DDE-C101-441F-93D7-18C871B7CF3F.jpeg

Last edited:
It's been a LONG time since I've had a proper pedal board...I've been mostly relying on either software simulators or my Headrush pedalboard...I sold off a bunch of pedals awhile back but kept the basics, except I have been without a fuzz pedal for a long time...but to be frank I've never had a fuzz I actually liked...

This weekend marking the completion of my 58th lap around the sun I decided to do something about that...after careful consideration and research I came to the realization that I wanted a "Bender" type fuzz as opposed to the "Muff" fuzzes I've used in the past...

Left work early yesterday to hit Alto before they closed...it being the post holiday time their inventory was a bit short but the did have the Earthquaker Devices Park Fuzz Sound which is basically the Mark IV Tone Bender circuit...home it came...

Went through the pedals I have left, A/B'd all of them, and this is the final result...

PXL_20230107_185634477-01.jpeg

Tell me about the vol/wah. Im in the market for a nice volume pedal. Active, with a clean transparent buffer, and a sweep control to set the minimum vol level.
Having a decent wah thrown in the deal would be a plus.

Tell me about the vol/wah. Im in the market for a nice volume pedal. Active, with a clean transparent buffer, and a sweep control to set the minimum vol level.
Having a decent wah thrown in the deal would be a plus.
It's just OK...decent volume pedal, but pretty mediocre wah...it crapped out not long after I got it...had to send it to Morley for repairs and it's been fine ever since...it's on the board because I don't have any other options for either...

If you're looking for a really high quality volume pedal look elsewhere...

I don’t think my board has changed in a very long time. The Warhorn is basically a Timmy, so that really didn’t change.

EA33C42A-B1E6-4673-83A0-41CCB190D1D1.jpeg

It's just OK...decent volume pedal, but pretty mediocre wah...it crapped out not long after I got it...had to send it to Morley for repairs and it's been fine ever since...it's on the board because I don't have any other options for either...

If you're looking for a really high quality volume pedal look elsewhere...

Wow. Son has had his Bad Horsie II wah for 10? years. Only bad thing I could ever say about it is it's gigantic, takes up too much room.

Im looking for a vol pedal cause Ive been playing lap steel a good bit.
Ive got an old nameless passive pedal and cheap little HoTone vol/wah.exp thingy. Not real crazy about either of them. The old passive one sucks tone and the little HoTone has a kinda colorful and not in a good way preamp.
I was hoping I might can get a better one without spending $300+ on a Hilton or something.

Im looking for a vol pedal cause Ive been playing lap steel a good bit.
Ive got an old nameless passive pedal and cheap little HoTone vol/wah.exp thingy. Not real crazy about either of them. The old passive one sucks tone and the little HoTone has a kinda colorful and not in a good way preamp.
I was hoping I might can get a better one without spending $300+ on a Hilton or something.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...vp-jr-25k-volume-pedal-for-active-electronics

By active I meant the pedal being active requiring a battery or power supply, not a pedal designed for active pickups. But I decided to go passive(no preamp just a pot) instead. Hopefully I wont get as much high end loss as Im getting with the old no name passive pedal. But if it does, that can be solved by running a buffered OD like my Nobles or BD2 in front of it.
Anyway, after a good bit of research on the Pedal Steel Guitar Forum and other places, Ive ordered the Ernie Ball 40th Anniversary passive 250k pedal for a little over $100.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EBVP40--ernie-ball-40th-anniversary-volume-pedal
The steel guitar guys say that even tho its no Goodrich or Hilton, a 250K passive EB pedal is perfectly adequate and a lot of people use them. It has a sweep adjustment, and they've upgraded the string to Kevlar so hopefully it wont need replacing after a year or two.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of my current lap steel pedal board.
JHS Tidy Whitey compressor>
Joyo Tuner/Power Supply(these things work great on a small pedalboard)>
cheap chinese OD(Dumbler, lol but its fine for a bit of light OD)>
Hotone vol/wah/exp( Im not that crazy about the sound of its preamp/buffer and I keep switching it off by accident when I push it down to max vol)>
TC Gauss tape echo
(reverb on the amp)

tempImageZ3b4IH.png

Last edited:
Updated lap steel rig:
FAB95054-3D34-4097-BD15-E670E5F34842.jpeg

The EB vol pedal was a great upgrade, so much better feel and control. I went back old school with the Dynacomp, was craving more squash on the front end of my attack. The OD3 is a classic as well, right now in the 6th tuning it’s there for just a hint of hair into the old SF Bassman. I swapped the TC Gauss for the little ModTone delay, which isn’t quite as dark but still great for a bit of tapey slapback. The Reverb pedal is by Richtone, a Canadian amp builder, and the spring setting is pretty darn good.

I’m in the middle of pulling all my stuff out for the first time since I moved in June. I will be selling a lot of gear, but this is the interim board during the flux.

98EDCC32-4FA5-4C28-A9C9-B34FB65C3D53.jpeg

Dirt on deck:

23D71F01-EC16-46A9-BE32-75F83BD7A710.jpeg

I actually just pulled all of my pedals out last night and one of my boards and started fiddling/arranging things. I've been using my Headrush Gigboard but I traded my FRFR108 so I bought a Spark and have been using that.
My wife came in the livingroom and said "What are you doing with those? Don't you have a modeler or something? So we renewed our vows because she actually does pay attention and then I continued building my board. lol
The board will be used with my Bugera V5 and the Spark will remain my headphone/quieter modeling amp. Fun!

A mock up of all that I own and a homemade board. I have no idea what I'm doing. Probably need power. Lol.
20230206_200104.jpg

My current board. It seems to be evolving into something much more simple and basic. Got rid of the wet dry, its a great sound but most times I cant be arsed to turn on 2 amps. I love the two Boss delays subtly stacked. The reverb pedal is only there for my amps with subpar reverb or none. The eq pedal is just filling the space formerly occupied by the Radial Shotgun splitter, makes a great end of chain boost tho. Loving the 250 and of course my fav green OD.
IMG_1104.jpeg

Started to play with a new band in March and about to play my 3rd gig with them tomorrow night.

Built this board to use with the band and it has been a success so far. I have just made one change as of yesterday. Bought @Pine Apple Slim 's Tumnus to replace my Klon Clone that I built. Was looking to reduce the format size. Will also be replacing the Corona Chorus in a few weeks after vaca with a mini Ibanez CSMini. The Corona will be posted for sale at that time here and on Reverb.com

Heartless Live Board.jpg

Back