2026 Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
It's that time of year again.

_DSC9954.jpg

_DSC0518.jpg
_DSC0602.jpg
_DSC0626.jpg
_DSC0145.jpg
_DSC0226.jpg
_DSC0386.jpg
_DSC9978.jpg
_DSC0677.jpg
_DSC1038.jpg
 
So cool! There's a place not too far from here that takes a balloon up from time to time. Dunno if I could do something like that where you're literally dependent on the whims of the wind.
 
So cool! There's a place not too far from here that takes a balloon up from time to time. Dunno if I could do something like that where you're literally dependent on the whims of the wind.
I've flown three times and it's been a great experience. I'm not a fan of heights but somehow it's different. One of those flights was during a mass ascension at Balloon Fiesta and that was amazing.

Albuquerque residents are used to balloons landing on their property. I live relatively close to the field where they all take off and the wind frequently takes them over my neighborhood. A few have landed in my next door neighbor's yard. It's weird and fun and a little surreal. All of a sudden people are dropping out of the sky and landing in front of your house.
 
Baltimore had, and maybe still has, a balloon event for Preakness Week. It is neat seeing all the different colors floating by. One year, when I was taking classes on the weekend, a balloon landed on the lacrosse field. I was early, as usual, and was able to watch the crew arrive to retrieve it. I was amazed to see how quick and efficient they were.
 
Back
Top