Guitar Fantasy Camp

"the wait is nearly over"

Ordered but, not made yet?
Made but, not delivered yet?
Delivered but, you have a crippling fear that after almost a year, you won't like it so, you haven't opened the box yet?
 
Congrats! Woot! :thu:

580CB408-68CB-48E7-82E3-2C0C068938B3.jpeg
 
WHY THE FUCK IS AARON RODGERS HOLDING MY GUITAR?!?

It turns out Kauer, in some diabolical plan to turn a profit, has crafted more than one of that model of guitar. And, in a disturbing twist, Kauer allows NFL players to purchase their guitars, even douchebags.

IMG_5959.jpeg
 
Just curious - how long was the time between ordering and production? Asking for a frie.... myself...
 
Just curious - how long was the time between ordering and production? Asking for a frie.... myself...

Ordered at the very end of July. Ready mid September. So, super duper fast as boutique custom orders go. For example, Novo does a more limited/contained custom order business (limited options, colors, pickups) and they have a standard 6 mo wait . Plenty of small shops are 12-18 months. I think Bilt is about 3 months lead time when I inquired about something with them this spring when I was shopping.

I know that one big determining factor is finish. Kauer does a UV cured finish which (as I understand it) is a pretty quick process vs. trad nitro finishes that simply take time to cure and more time when finishing…plus then if you are going for a relic job that’s additional time.
 
Last edited:
man that hurt my soul... is there anything he can do to repair that (hopefully on UPS's dime)? That's more than just a ding... damn :cry:
 
After much fuss and showrooming and spec wizardry and whatnot, the wait is nearly over…

View attachment 124318

How did we wind up here?

I wanted something durable and practical that I could take out and not worry about. I wanted stainless frets. I wanted to buy something from someone cool who is not currently suing the entire world. I didn’t want anything reliced. I wanted something adaptable if I ever decided to swap pickups. I played a gazillion guitars and what I liked the most was various esquires and Juniors w and Firebird I type guitars. I wanted to minimize noise for recording and playing out.

So what we have is a Kauer Korona T with a roasted maple neck/board, Spanish mahogany body, and a humbucker-sized Lollar The Bird pickup with Eldred wiring in Dakota red.
I'm just seeing this. I rather like the look of it. Nice choice.
 
Back
Top