X is back?!

shoeless

Riffin'
After reading the interview on their band page (https://www.xtheband.com/), maybe they never left. :shrug: Anwyay, I heard them play an X song on Sirius this morning on the way into work and I thought, "X? ...like the band from the 80s X?". Turns out they've got a new album. Who knew?

A few of my pals are X fans. I never was for the sole reason that Exene Cervenkas voice is on par with Yoko Ono in my book.

I’ve seen X live, it was okay. I saw John Doe play an acoustic show in a hotel suite in San Francisco in the 1990s which was phenomenal. I also saw John Doe when a band I was in opened for him at The Abbey Pub on the lovely north side of Chicago.

I’m X adjacent!

A few of my pals are X fans. I never was for the sole reason that Exene Cervenkas voice is on par with Yoko Ono in my book.

I’ve seen X live, it was okay. I saw John Doe play an acoustic show in a hotel suite in San Francisco in the 1990s which was phenomenal. I also saw John Doe when a band I was in opened for him at The Abbey Pub on the lovely north side of Chicago.

I’m X adjacent!

I get you with the Exene thing. I really dig John Doe and Billy Zoom, but Exene caterwauls.

I like that song that Shoeless posted. John Doe sounds great, Billy Zoom is killing it on guitar, and Exene is low in the mix.

I’m X adjacent!
I get you with the Exene thing. I really dig John Doe and Billy Zoom, but Exene caterwauls.

I like that song that Shoeless posted. John Doe sounds great, Billy Zoom is killing it on guitar, and Exene is low in the mix.
I'm with you both when it comes to Exene, which turned me off to them back in the 80s. I liked Billy Zoom's playing though.

I found the song I heard on the radio yesterday and posted it below. She is singing leads on this one and sounds pretty good, IMO. She's never going to be described as velvety smooth, but I think she fits the feel of the song pretty well. Billy's having fun on this one too. :thu:

THANK YOU! Back in the early 80s a lot of friends were all about X but I decided Exene is not only the worst singer to ever front a group but also a conspiracy-theory-addled moron...

Back