That sucks and I have questions.

Jeez, who would send vintage guitars as cargo anyway?
Stories of damaged instruments are numerous and well documented.
The temperature changes in the cargo compartment can be pretty drastic.

Jeez, who would send vintage guitars as cargo anyway?
Stories of damaged instruments are numerous and well documented.
The temperature changes in the cargo compartment can be pretty drastic.

Happens on the regular, actually. Tours send gear all over the place via cargo.

that is horrible

but i would never tour with something that was super valuable or that would be hard to replace.

I was curious how this kind of thing could happen and apparently it's not uncommon for moisture to build up in cargo holds or even in an individual shipping container during air transport and a micro-climate is created that results in rain or other moisture exposure on the cargo.

I was curious how this kind of thing could happen and apparently it's not uncommon for moisture to build up in cargo holds or even in an individual shipping container during air transport and a micro-climate is created that results in rain or other moisture exposure on the cargo.

Yes, especially when it is packed in a humid environment. It's simple physics. There is a reason we ship all our hardware with desiccant at a minimum and an N2 environment whenever possible, and we are not very humid here most of the time.

It was raining in my utility room last night. Among other things in there, is the furnace/AC. Wife had shut the door because of "smells", so it was hot and humid in there. Utility room is unfinished, lots of water coming off the main trunk of the furnace/AC.

Back